Chapter 56

Chapter 56

We were quiet the whole drive. He didn't ask anything and I didn't open my mouth. It was comfortable, unlike how it was with Savannah. I looked over at Iyaz, seeing him with an angry expression.

"Can you please not look so angry?" I asked him. His eyes widened before he looked at me for a second. He turned towards the road again and half-smiled.

"None of it is directed at you, you know that right?" he said softly. I kept quiet, because I couldn't make out when it was and when it wasn't. I was still waiting for some sort of punishment.

"I could never get mad at you. Don't ever think that when I am angry it is your fault" he said. I nodded, not saying anything else. We stayed quiet again after that. I felt like he wanted to say something the whole time but he didn't.

"We are here. We are at my house. Don't freak out when we go in and if you feel like you can't handle it, just tell me and I will get you out" he said, getting out of the car. I nodded, walking next to him towards a house that he was guiding us to. We stopped in front of it. It was very small but looked nice. He took steps forward and I followed him. The door opened before he could even do anything and there were a few faces looking at us. There were four girls standing in front of the door, eyeing me up and down. I took a step so I was hiding behind Iyaz. I took in his smell, calming down immediately.

"Guys, can you stop looking at her like she has grown a second head?" I heard Iyaz say. They all started talking at the same time and it was so loud that I put my hand on the back of Iyaz, being completely terrified with what was happening.

"Stop! You are scaring her" Iyaz yelled at them. It was quiet after that.

"Sorry, we were just too excited. She is gorgeous!" one of them said in a very high, soft voice. I smiled a little, not being so scared anymore.

"Just promise me you won't be your usual crazy self when I take her in, she isn't used to this" Iyaz said to them. They all yelled 'okay' making Iyaz go even angrier. He then turned around, looking me in the eyes with a smile.

"Don't be scared. They can be a bit too excited but they mean no harm. I am here and no one can hurt you" I nodded and he stepped aside, making me visible for them. They looked at me and smiled, not saying anything. Stepping aside, they let us in. The smell of the house hit me immediately. It felt.. warm, like it was nice to stay here. The walls were a broken white color, making everything look cozy. Iyaz took his shoes off and I copied him, not being used to it but I just followed him. He smiled at me before he started walking towards a door. The girls were walking behind me which was a bit scary, but I neared to Iyaz so I didn't have to be scared anymore. We walked into a room and there were two people sitting. When they saw us, they stood up and the woman had her hand on her mouth.

"Mum, dad, this is Beau" he said. Their eyes widened and the woman stormed towards me. I took a step back, wanting to escape but she was faster. She grabbed me and wrapped her arms around me. I froze, not knowing what to do. I wanted to get out of there, knowing that they were going to punish us. I looked at Iyaz, silently begging him for help. I didn't want to risk him being hurt but this was something I knew only he could solve. Iyaz walked over to us and grabbed the arms of the woman, letting her release me.

"Mum, please, you are scaring her" he said. Her eyes found mind and she took a step back.

"I am so sorry, I am just so excited you are here now. I am Rukiyya, but you can call me auntie" she said smiling at me. I didn't say anything and took slow steps towards Iyaz, needing his comfort for the foreign things that I was experiencing. The man behind her took a step forward.