Chapter 84

Chapter 84

I was looking down, holding Anna's hand the whole time. This had been one of the most terrifying things I had ever done. We were high up in the air, and I was still confused. I couldn't understand how it was working. Things that I knew were unfamiliar were harder to learn again than things that were familiar. I didn't understand what a plane was until we went on it. Iyaz keeps looking over at me laughing, clearly amused by my shoken state. I was feeling sick, yet he didn't even listen to me. Suddenly, I heard a voice, saying something about landing and I remember my eyes falling shut after that, clearly losing it.

"Beau.." I heard over an over again, panic in his voice. I opened my eyes softly, feeling like I had been ran over by a truck.

"I feel like crap" I said while sitting up. I looked around me, seeing a few women with Anna, surrounding me. Anna knelt down in front of me.

"You got me scared for a second" she said, half-smiling. I looked away.

"Sorry" I said. Iyaz then sat down next to Anna.

"I'm sorry" he said softly, only for me to hear. I just smiled at him, making sure that it wasn't his fault.

"Come on, we're here" he said after that.

"Do you think you will be able to walk?" he asked me. I nodded, drinking the water a woman offered me. I then stood up, still wobbling but I managed to walk properly. I think I zoned out. It had been two days after we had received that paper. Anna and Iyaz booked a flight to San Diego to find my family. It felt weird and I had zero hope. I couldn't fathom anything, as if I wasn't having emotions. I just went along with them. They didn't even know where to start and I thought it was useless. San Diego was big as far as I could remember. Bits and pieces were flying through my mind, but I didn't say anything because I couldn't put them on a timeline. We walked for like fifteen minutes till I was met with the air. The warm breath of air brushed my face, making me feel all kinds of familiarity. I smiled softly, looking over at Iyaz.

"I remember this. I remember this air" I whispered, making him smile at me.

"I think we have found the place you grew up then?" he said, smirking. Anna grabbed my arm and we started walking out of there. We were going to stay at a hotel, as they said, for two weeks. I was very unsure about everything, but let them decide everything.

We went into a cab that was going to drive us towards the hotel. Iyaz sat in the front, talking with the driver. He was asking him things about San Diego, trying to get as most information he could, but I wasn't listening. I was just looking outside, watching all the people. It was very crowded, people coming out of all places. Different colours, different clothes. Everyone had their own identity, which punched me in the stomach. I felt like I got lost in the crowd of so many people who knew their name, who knew where they came from. Who didn't stupidly forget everything they had known, even the basic ones. I felt left out, as if they had combined their hands, making a circle, not letting me enter it. I looked over at Iyaz, seeing him talking to the man carefree, as if he had no problems. At least he remembers..

"Thank you" I whispered to the driver when we had arrived, copying Iyaz and Anna. We went out and I smelled the familiar air, yet I couldn't remember my surroundings. Iyaz looked over at me.

"You okay?" he asked me. I nodded. We then started walking and I stopped in front of the door when I saw two people hugging each other. The man was holding the woman tightly, smiling. I smiled too, feeling unfamiliar with the feeling. I had only known the strangling, the torture. Iyaz came and stood next to me, watching it too.

"So, they're partners" he said, chuckling. I looked at him, before I remembered what he had said. I remember him telling about partners, and me asking if I was that with him. I looked away, closing my eyes for a second. The embarrassment. I couldn't believe I had asked him that, knowing what partners were now.

"Maybe one day we will be too" he said, clearly trying to annoy me. I scoffed and turned away so he would know I got annoyed, still with a smile on my face.

"I am just joking, come on, let's get work done" he said, and we made our way to the entrance of the hotel where the couple had left the scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I forced my anxiety away and went into this cute local cafe, forcing myself to write some chapters. I have to leave in 3 minutes, but I think I will just take the next train. So just to write you, I will be home later than normal. LOVE ME PLZZ