Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Run. I heard Iyaz's voice in my head. I was still running through the trees. I fell a couple of times but got up to run further. I hadn't seen anyone and it started to get dark. Millions of thoughts were running through my mind when I was looking around. 'Don't fall from the tree' I heard a different voice saying. I turned to the left, knowing that it was darker on the right. 'Fall is better than spring though, you agree?' I heard something else, again, in my head. I looked around, trying to figure out what it was. Iyaz told me that these were memories, maybe this time it was that too. I felt a sudden pain when I thought of him. I wanted him to run with me, but I knew he would get angry if I didn't run. The trees came to a stop and I looked around, seeing a way that was completely empty. I slowed down, trying to catch my breath. I let myself fall on the ground, not being able to stand anymore. The pain of the run just came. I looked around, seeing no house and no people. I closed my eyes, not being able to take the new world anymore.

"I think we should just leave" I heard a voice say. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't.

"Are you insane?! Look at her body, she looks dirty. Her clothes are ripped. This girl has been in problems" I heard a different voice, this time softer. Someone touched my face and I flinched.

"She's alive! Hey, can you hear me? Oh God, poor girl" I heard the voice say. I slowly opened my eyes, seeing a completely different scene than I had seen before. There were two people in front of me and my eyes widened. I had never seen anyone else, sure, Iyaz told me about it. I felt my body shake and I was looking around, trying to figure out where Iyaz was.

"Don't be scared, you are safe now" the person in front of me said. I felt something warm cover my body and saw that it was a blanket.

"I.. I was kidnapped. You need to call the police. They would take me somewhere safe" I recited the exact words Iyaz told me to say. I heard the person in front of me gasp, looking around. She then grabbed me and put me in the car softly. I wanted to protest and yell but I knew I couldn't. I knew Iyaz was telling me the right things. The man also went into the car and they started driving. How.. How did I know this was a car? I had never seen this before. 'Get in the car. If you move, we will kill you' I heard that voice. I started shaking, grabbing me by my hair.

"Sweetie, its okay, you are safe with us" I heard the soft voice say. I looked at the person driving and he had something to his ear.

"Emergency. We found a girl at the side of the road and she says she got kidnapped. She is traumatised and scared. What can we do?... Not ask questions?... Okay, we will bring her to there" he said, taking the thing away from his ear. The woman just looked at me and smiled.

"My husband works at the police office near here. We will take you there, okay?" she said and I nodded, knowing that Iyaz would've wanted me to. I looked out of the window, seeing the trees still there. 'Can you please slow down, I am getting scared' I heard in my head. I looked around to see who it was but it was nothing. Memories.

"What are memories?" I asked the woman slowly. She looked at the man first before looking at me.

"Memories are the things that you have been through. Like, when you went somewhere and you think of the time you went there, you actually remember it. It means remembering and having the scenes permanently marked in your head" she answered. I nodded my head, understanding what she meant. Iyaz always explained everything difficult. He also talked difficult so I didn't understand him a lot.

"We are here" the woman said after a while. I looked around and still saw the trees, but there was a big house in front of us.

"This is a police office. Police are people that help you. They are good people. So you don't need to be scared when we get in there, okay?" she said softly, taking out her hand for me. I looked at it for a second, before I took it. Her voice was very nice so I knew Iyaz would've agreed to my actions too. She was giving off such a good vibe that I felt good inside. We started walking, me still with the blanket around. When we went inside, I felt an odd feeling. I didn't want to go inside. Iyaz told me to run, not to get back.