Chapter 25

Chapter 25

"Iyaz?" I said, wanting his attention. He was sitting on his mattress, just looking in front of him. He looked over at me and we kept staring for a few seconds. I was fidgeting with my fingers, not knowing why I felt the urge to tell him.

"What's wrong?" he said, sitting upright. I looked over at him, wanting to know if he would punish me if I told him. I just shook that thought away and started to talk.

"I saw something.. And- and I want to tell you" I told him, to which he neared to me even more. He didn't look angry and that made me feel better.

"What did you see?" he said softly, not using the tone he was always using. I kept figeting with my fingers, ignoring his eyes.

"I- I saw that I was lying down. And he- he was there standing with a bottle and a lighter, letting the bottle melt on me. I, I can't remember when it was and I don't understand it" I told him slowly, taking the time. I closed my eyes, waiting for the punishment.

"I won't hurt you, please, tell me. You know I never hurt you" he said, again with the soft voice. I nodded, knowing that he never did something to me.

"I just- he was asking me where I was born and he kept hurting me till I said that I was born here. I don't understand what was going on. I just- I remembered that" I said, letting a tear fall because of the memories. He kept silent for a while, and I thought that it was stupid that I told him.

"Open your eyes" he said, but I shook my head softly. I heard him shift closer.

"Open your eyes, beau" he said, to which I opened my eyes. I looked at him, seeing him in front of me.

"Can you promise me one thing?" he said, still with that soft voice. I nodded, not understanding what he was saying.

"Can you promise me that when you see something again, that you will tell me? Know that I won't hurt you for it. Actually, I won't hurt you, like ever" he said, and I nodded again. I think I was able to tell him from then on, since he wasn't mad at me.

"But.. What are they?" I asked him, wanting answers from him. I didn't know why I was always seeing these things in my head, as if it was real.

"It is real, since these scenes that you see are your memories. Things that you have seen in your real life, outside of these walls. The things that you see are your own memories, all inside that box of yours, in your brain" he said, explaining what they meant.

"But how is that possible? I never remember seeing white roses here" I said, going against what he said.

"These weren't here. These were outside, by your family I believe" he said, making me feel a little weird, since I never got it when he talked about family.

"But only you have family" I said, thinking of the time he told me about his sisters.

"No, I also told you that everyone has family, including you. Beau, you have a family somewhere outside too, and we will find them when we get out"

~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope to post another chapter today! am in da mooooood