Chapter 83

Chapter 83

We were sitting around the table, trying to come up with something. Iyaz was tired, holding his head in his hand.

"I still think we should just drive up there and knock on every single door" he said, making Anna laugh.

"That's not even possible" she said, making him groan in frustration.

"How are we supposed to fi- " he stopped when the doorbell rang. Anna stood up to open it and I looked at Iyaz, smiling at him.

"What?" he said, frowning.

"Calm down" I said, holding in a laugh. Anna came back quickly with a piece of paper in her hand. It looked old, like it had been saved for a very long time. Her face went pale and her mouth was opened, in shock. Iyaz stood up immediately, taking the piece of paper out of her hand. His eyes widened when he was scanning through the lines.

"What does it say?" I asked them. Reading was still a tiny bit difficult for me, so I wanted Iyaz to read it to me.

"Search for 14-year-old girl ended, she is nowhere to be found. San Diego, CA. The police still have no clues of what happened to the missing girl. The search ended, because of the lack of clues. It is like she vanished into thin air, says her cousin. Her family is not giving up, saying that they will keep on searching. The girl was wearing a red jacket, with black boots on the day of the missing. She has brown eyes, long curly hair and is from Arabic descent" Iyaz's words stabbed me in the back, again and again. I couldn't breath, thinking of the day I went missing. I remembered my red jacket that was my comfort in the hole for a few weeks, until he grabbed it from me and I had never seen it again. My shiny boots that were keeping my feet warm were new, I had them just for a day. I remember him burning them in front of me, telling me that I had to be naked from then on.

"Did you.. Did you wear those?" I heard Iyaz say. I nodded, looking up at him. He looked at me, as if he was examining me.

"Someone knows you, from before" he said and I looked at him in confusion.

"It can't be anything else. Someone who knew you put this paper in front of the door. Who else would know what you were wearing? Or what even happened with you and where you live? Someone is keeping an eye on you" he said, scaring me. The thought of someone following me was terrifying. Did they know he had kidnapped me?

"What if it's just him?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"He's in prison, besides, why would he do that? That doesn't make sense" he said, shaking his head. I let out a sigh, relieved to hear once again that he's in prison.

"At least we know something" he said, smiling up at me. I raised an eye-brow, being confused.

"San Diego, here we come"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMGOMGOMGOMGGKGOGGMO WHO DO YOU THINK DID THAT?