Chapter 54

Chapter 54

Keep your eyes open, another chapter is coming! :)

I went downstairs, seeing Richard and Savannah at the dinner table. Richard didn't look at me when I sat down, which I was happy about. Savannah gave me a plate of food, not looking at me either. I was confused because normally she would always explain to me what the food was and how she made it. She just sat down after serving and started eating her food. I grabbed the fork and started on it. It was still weird to use a fork to me and sometimes I would just eat with my hands. When I was trying to get some food on the fork but failed, Richard put his fist loudly on the table, making me jump slightly and look up. He was looking at Savannah with this angry expression before he turned to me.

"Tonight, a reporter will come with some cameras. They are going to interview you and stream it live on TV. I have arranged a lot of channels to stream it, so it will be nationwise. You will, for once, answer all of their questions and not walk away, do you hear me?" he said with this stern voice that reminded me of him. I nodded immediately, knowing that I would get punished if I didn't. I hadn't been punished for such a long time so I didn't know what to expect. He looked at me for a few more seconds before he turned to Savannah.

"They can be here any minute. Freshen up" he said, standing up and walking to the living room. I dared to look at Savannah, but she was looking down. She had this sad expression on her face.

"Will it ever stop?" I asked her softly, remembering the times Iyaz told me that it was going to end someday. She looked at me before she looked down again.

"I don't know, but you will do as he says. No one will hurt you, but I am not risking him" she said, standing up and gathering the plates without even looking at me. I suddenly didn't feel the warmth of her anymore. She was acting so foreign and far towards me. When I was getting up to help her, the doorbell rang. My heart skipped a beat, since I knew that they came and it would be uncomfortable again. It always was. They asked these questions that made me go back to there again. Savannah signed for me to go to the living room and I did, waiting for the worst to happen.