Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"How many family does one have?" I asked him, wanting to know more about it. He told me that I had one too and it made me curious.

"Family is just one word. People in it are family members. I guess that is what you mean. So you have a mother and father, these two bring you on earth. It's like a creation that is the two of you, melted in one person. Besides that, you can have siblings. Brothers for guys and sisters for girls. Each family has a different amount of family members. Some have a very big family, also with uncles and aunts, and some have a small family. I have a big one. My father has like, six siblings" he told me. A headache started to creep up my head of all the things he had said. It was hard to put it in a place and imagine that it is like that.

"I always thought that him and me were the only people on Earth" I told him, remembering the days I thought of that. Obviously it was before I met Iyaz.

"Did he make you believe that?" he said, looking at me with a confused face. I nodded, looking away. He probably though that I was stupid.

"Look, he clearly brainwashed you. I know that you have it all somewhere in your brain. We just need to dig deeper and find it. I will help you" he said and I nodded, even though I didn't understand what he was saying. Out of nowhere, we heard the famous sound of the door, and I started shaking automatically. He walked in, letting his disgusting smell hit us. Iyaz moved so that he was in front of me. I tried to push him, not wanting him to get hurt. I was used to it, he wasn't, so it was better if I took everything.

"Well well well, what do we have here?" I heard him saying. His voice was haunting me in my sleep already, and also when I was awake. I looked over at him, seeing his hands on his hips. He then folded his arms in front of him, looking at us with a deadly stare.

"Why are you doing this? What do you want? Just- just let us go, please. We won't go to the police. We will just disappear and not turn you in" I heard Iyaz say. Even though I didn't understand it, I moved closer to him, hiding behind his back.

"You think I look that stupid? I got you two for a reason, and I won't let you go. There is no running away from it anymore. You belong here, you were born here" he said, letting me remind of the times he told me that.

"I won't let you brainwash me, get it?! You may have done it with her but I won't ever forget myself! Why are you doing this?!" Iyaz yelled, moving a bit upwards. I grabbed a hold of his shirt, not wanting him to move. It was as if he couldn't touch me when Iyaz was in front of me.

"Power" he said back at Iyaz, walking closer. Iyaz started yelling but I couldn't understand what he was saying. The man took out his belt, and grabbed the rope he had taken with him. I started shaking even more, since I knew what was about to happen. He walked over and Iyaz stood up, even though he was about to fall. Iyaz tried to fight him, but he was so weak that he couldn't. The man put a needle straight in his arm, and I looked away. Iyaz closed his eyes after a while, letting himself sleep, just like I always did. I moved towards the back of the hole slowly, trying not to get attention. He took the rope and tied Iyaz to the corner where he tied me always to. I closed my eyes for a second, before opening them. He just sat there, waiting for Iyaz to wake up. The tension in the air was horrible. I felt like he could turn towards me and grab me any moment. He was lookin at Iyaz, not giving me a glance. I moved even further the wall in, trying to blend with it.

"Your time will come soon too, don't worry" he said without even looking at me. I let the tears stream down, not wanting the attention he gave me.

After a few minutes, Iyaz started to wake up, screaming with a soft voice. I knew the feeling. Wanting to scream for help but couldn't because of the injections. He took out a knife, ripping Iyaz's shirt to pieces. Iyaz's back was bare now, and I didn't want to see what was going to happen next. He grabbed his belt, moving it behind him.

"This is what you get for going against me"

~~~~~~~~
POOR IYAZ