Chapter 27

Chapter 27

He started punching Iyaz's back with the belt. Iyaz didn't make a sound but I could him holding his breath and releasing it after he got hurt. I felt myself crawl over to him. I knew it was dangerous and that I could get punished, but I couldn't care. The only thing I wanted was for Iyaz to look me in the eyes. I needed for him to look me in the eyes to feel better. When I reached him, I looked at him. He had his eyes closed, sweating like crazy. His face was completely red and I didn't know how he was still holding it.

"Move" he whispered to me. I shook my head, even though he had his eyes closed.

"Beau, I said move. Don't get into it, you'll get hurt" he said to which I even moved closer. I looked at his back, sissing when I saw the blood. That was going to hurt so much. The man soon stopped and threw us another look.

"You won't ever get out of here. I won't allow it, so don't try it" he said, running out of the room. It was always so weird. He would hurt me and then just run away. I untied Iyaz and he fell on his face. I grabbed him by his shoulders, feeling the wetness of his sweat, and positioned him so he was laying on the mattress that was next to him. He let out a breath, closing his eyes. The door opened again and I felt my heart beat faster, only to stop when there was a box thrown. I grabbed it, knowing it was food. I opened it, to see that there were some clothes and a cleaning towel too. I put the clothes aside and grabbed the towel, dipping it in the dirty water that we had.

"This will hurt a bit, but I need to clean you up" I told him. He nodded, allowing me to touch him. I put the towel softly on his wounds, cleaning his wounds and the blood that had been dripping down. I looked at him, seeing his eyes closed tightly. I knew he was hurt. I knew what it was to go through that. I knew how it felt to go through that multiple times.

"I hope it doesn't leave scars for you" I whispered softly, mainly to myself. I knew I had them. I had never looked into a mirror, but I could feel them there. He suddenly opened his eyes, pulling my shirt up from the back. I closed my eyes, not wanting him to see it. I felt embarrassed, as if he was seeing how bad I was to get punished. I opened my eyes and turned to look at him. He let a tear fall, not hiding it like he used to do. I couldn't stand him crying, so I felt a tear fall down my face too.

"I will get you out of here. I promise. And then we will forget about all of this" he said, to which I shook my head softly. There was no way out. We were stuck here, like I had always been. I was born here and I would die here.

"Does it hurt?" I asked him, regretting what I had asked. I knew it did hurt. It was even worse than him touching me.

"I think you know the answer" he said, letting out his breath slowly.

"I'm sorry.. I couldn't stop him" I said and his expression changed. He looked at me in confusion.

"Don't ever interfere when he is doing something to me, okay? I am supposed to protect you, not the other way around. Him hurting you hurts me more than him hurting me" he said. I smiled softly, knowing that he would never hurt me. I cleaned further, ignoring the smell of blood, mixed with the disgusting smell of the hole. I then grabbed the box and took out the bread with the water bottles. I smiled and crawled towards Iyaz quickly.

"Look! We got clean water!" I said while laughing, holding up the bottles. I opened one and moved it towards his mouth, letting him drink. His tears were streaming down and he was drinking with such a force, as if his life depended on it. That was a feeling I knew all too well.

"Alhamdulillah" he whispered after it. I didn't know what he meant so I just ignored it and put a little piece of bread in his mouth. He was chewing softly, as if it was hurting him.

"I hope your pain goes away quickly" I said, putting a piece of bread in my mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alhamdulillah = Thanks to Allah (God)

Such a progression...