Chapter 52

Chapter 52

He looked at me with wide eyes, standing still. He didn't say something for quite a time and was standing like a statue. Then he shook his head and took a step forward.

"Come on, I promised, remember?" he said, taking out his hand for me to grab. I looked at it. Even though I wanted to go with him, I knew that I couldn't do that to Savannah. Something inside of me told me stay with her. I looked him in the eyes before taking a step back.

"I can't" I repeated. He looked at me in confusion, still with his hand in the air. Savannah looked at me and smiled. I turned back to Iyaz who was now frowning.

"Why?" he whispered. I shook my head. I couldn't go with him and leave everything Savannah had been doing for me.

"She has been taking care of me. I can't just leave like that" I said, feeling like everything was becoming too much. I walked over to the house slowly, knowing that he was still standing there. My foot felt heavy and it was hard walking inside. I closed the door after me when I went in, not even turning around to look at him. I knew that if I did, I wouldn't be able to stay. I went up to my room and stood in front of the mirror. That had always been such a struggle. The more I looked in the mirror, the more it all seemed unreal. I sat down on my bed, not being able to stand anymore. Memories started flashing through my head. I was going back and forth to them. The present was fighting hard to not let the past win.

"What is your name?" he asked. Dejavu hit me. What was my name? What was I supposed to say?

"Miracle. I'm Miracle"

I looked in the mirror, pulling my hair tie out which made the braid fade. I started going through my hair with my fingers, trying to not let the memories come back. But it was way harder than I thought it was.

"I am going to get you out of here, both of us" he said. My eyes snapped up and met his. The first lie came, now was the second thing coming. And then, soon enough he would be just like him.

I smirked when I though about it. He didn't lie. Iyaz didn't lie. He actually took us both out of there. He left me after he took me out, but he kept his first promise that he made. I let the tear fall that was forming into my eyes. I hadn't been crying for a long time. I hated crying, since it made me go back to that hole where I did nothing else but cry.

"You are nothing like him" I whispered to Iyaz.

"Open your eyes, Beau"

When I remembered him saying 'Beau', a shiver went through my body. Would it be bad if I say that I had a feeling that I wanted to hear that again? As if something is gone and you want to go back to it? I didn't know what this was called but I was thinking about it the whole time. Him calling me that gave me assurance for some reason.

"It is called missing" I heard from beside me. I looked over to where the voice came from and saw that it was Savannah.

"When you went through things you liked, or a person, when they are gone and you feel like you want it back, is because you are missing it" she said and half-smiled at me. I tried to register everything she said.

"He was there with you too, right?" she asked me. I nodded, knowing that she knew already.

"How was he towards you?" she asked, making me look up at her in confusion. We had never really talked about the hole, just with therapists. Her asking about Iyaz was very strange for me.

"Talking helps" she said, giving my hand a squeeze. I nodded my head, knowing that I had a feeling inside of me that told me to let it all out.

"He was the first person I saw, besides him. Iyaz was covered in blood when I first saw him, but I couldn't help but wanting to be near him. I thought that we two were the only ones alive, that was what he told me" I said, looking at my hands knowing that they were about to sweat. I didn't have the memories flying through my head. It was like when I talked, I wasn't living it like when I was thinking about it.

"Iyaz proved everything I knew otherwise. He protected me. I protected him. We fought our way out of there together. Sacrificing ourselves for each other. It was the only solution. It was the only way to get out of there, alive" I said, looking up at Savannah, who was now looking down. I wiped my wet hands on my legs.

"He taught me basic things that he thought it was weird that I didn't know. One time he laughed because I didn't know what bread was" I said, smiling when I talked about it.

"The only light was he. The one who helped me when I was being used, who comforted me after it- he was someone I started to become attached to. Still am" I said, not realizing that this all came from me. This wasn't knowledge that I knew. It was like there was someone else talking from the inside of me. I stood up, not waiting for her reaction and grabbed some clothes with a towel. Showering was my escape from everything. I felt like I was becoming clean over and over again, forgetting the smell of the hole.

~~~~~
This is such a long chap for me lolll. AND DONT KILL ME BCZ SHE DIDNT GO WITH HIM