Chapter 48

Guys, can you see this chapter? I am trying to copy paste it but it is not showing!

UPDATE: Is it showing now?

"So what did you eat there? Did he give you food?" the woman asked me. I was in one of those interviews again, this time with not a lot of people. Savannah told me that the world was talking about me and that they all wanted to help me. I felt uncomfortable but believed her. I looked the woman in the eyes, looking away immediately. She was looking at me so deeply, as if she was trying to reach into me.

"He gave me minimum food. Just water and bread. Sometimes fruit" I said, remembering the names because of Iyaz. My thoughts went back to him again and this immediate pain crept into me.

"You have been out for round a month now, did you get accustomed to all the food?" she asked me. My mind went back to the breakfast I had in the morning. Savannah had made me an omelet, as she said, which I threw up. I didn't like it and I had never eaten it. Usually she gives me a sandwich which I am okay with, but it is still not normal for me.

"Yes" I replied, without realizing. Something inside of me told me not to tell everything. I knew Savannah was there for me but I didn't know these people.

"The man is still free. Are you scared that he might find you again?" she said, making my eyes widen. Suddenly I felt like I was in a tunnel and I traveled somewhere.

"Hey little girl, do you know where 42th street is?" a man asked me when I was walking home from school. I had a terrible headache so I groaned inwardly to the man approaching me. I looked at him and got a little creeped out by his stare.

"Uh.. You need to walk down this street, then right and then the second street that you cross right" I replied, keeping on walking without waiting for him. I blamed the wheather, since I hated the rain.

"Can you take me there? I don't think I can find it" he said, walking up to me. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. It was uncommon in my area. People were by themselves and private. So was I.

I kept on walking without replying and before I knew it, I felt a movement behind me and when I turned, the creepy man grabbed me and dragged me into the woods that were just on my side. I started kicking and I tried to scream, but he was fast enough to put his hand on my mouth. I felt my body shake from the shock and I tried everything to get free, but he was just taking me the woods in, further and further.

I awoke from the trance and looked at the woman, who was looking at me with a stare that I was not used to. I thoughts back on the memory I went to. Memory.. I remembered the words of Iyaz. Memories are our past, what we have been through. Was that.. Was that my past? Was that when he took me? But he said I was born there. I felt the sweat dripping off my forehead and my heart was beating so fast, I felt likei t was going to jump out of my chest.

"Stop" I whispered, standing up and running to my room.