Chapter 13

Chapter 13

I ignored it. I ignored the sound. I ignored his voice. It was just me and the outside. Me and the wind, that was taking my body away to explore the enchanting surroundings. It was just me and the smell of the forest that calms you the moment you get a sniff of it. The sun was like a light that just erased all of the darkness I ever felt. I heard the birds chirp, making a sound of freedom. Freedom. All of it was a part of freedom. But before I could run into freedom and enjoy every second of it, someone jerked me backwards, holding my throat. I couldn't hear any birds anymore. The smell of the forest turned into the smell of dust that made your heart turn dark. My airway got shut down and I couldn't take in any breath of freedom. He turned me around. His ice cold grey eyes were looking into mine, killing my eyes with its poison. He started talking. I didn't hear anything but I saw his mouth moving. I tried to concentrate on what I just witnessed. I tried to concentrate on freedom, trying to memorize everything of it. But it was gone. I couldn't imagine the birds chirping anymore nor the smell of it. Nothing.

"Do you really think I would let you go so easily?! What did I tell you about running away?! You are breaking a rule, which means you get a punishment! Both of you!" He said and started swearing. He grabbed the chains that he had on his jeans and chained my hands to each other. Then he started to drag me downstairs. My feet were following him but my mind was walking the other way. My mind wanted to get out of the door and never get in again. All of my thoughts vanished when I saw him in the corner. His clothes were ripped and blood was covering him. I started running towards him but couldn't reach him because someone was holding me.

"Oh? So you want to go to him, huh? Do you want him to do what I do to you?" he said, grabbing my hair and tugging onto it. I shook my head immediately, trying to block out the images that came to my mind. From the first he started touching me til now. He looked at me with his deadly eyes. They were burning into my soul, burning my soul and everything that was there.

"I bet you do. Stand up!" he said while turning towards Iyaz. Iyaz immediately stood up, his eyes never leaving mine. He looked at me with pleading eyes, trying to tell me something that I couldn't figure out.

"Don't" he said, turning towards Shadow. I didn't know where it came from, but I think I should call him that from now on. He was the dark ink in my life. Everything turned black when the ink dropped. He threw me towards Iyaz and Iyaz caught me so I wouldn't have fallen on the floor. He immediately put me behind him.

"Let her go. Put her in front of you" Shadow said. Iyaz shook his head. His hands on my arms tightened but I didn't feel any pain.

"Put her in front of you!" he said again and I screamed. I pushed Iyaz aside and stepped in front of him. I put my hands on my ears, trying to block out his voice. He walked towards me and I felt my body shake. I almost fell down but I managed to stand. He grabbed me by my arm and put me next to Iyaz. Then he grabbed a piece of fabric out of his pocket and put that around my mouth. I didn't fight it anymore. I knew what was coming. I stopped fighting a long time ago. Fighting only made everything worse. He then folded his arms in front of his chest and looked at Iyaz for a long time. I knew what was coming. I closed my eyes for a second. I was not ready for this.

"Put your mark on her, superman" he said..