Chapter 62

Chapter 62

"Richard, what did you do with the boy?" the woman asked him. Richard just looked at me, the smug smile plastered on his face. He crossed his arms, not breaking eye-contact with me.

"He is in jail till the hearing. Then we are going to take this to court. Find a lawyer for her" he said before he turned around and walked out of the door randomly. The woman smiled at me.

"The doctor had said that you are good to go. Let me just help you" she said before she grabbed my arms and helped me out of bed. My legs were shaking of anger. Iyaz was somewhere else being blamed for the things he protected me from. I didn't say anything because I didn't want anyone to get mad. We walked down the stairs and I saw a familiar face talking with other men who had the same clothes as the ones who were with me. I looked at the angry Tuana, who was yelling at the men.

"My brother was kidnapped too! He saved her from there! How can you arrest him without looking into his case?! Is this being professional? I demand to see her!" Tuana yelled before she realized that I was standing at her side. She looked at me with wide eyes, as if she wasn't believing that I was indeed there. She then took a step forward and wrapped her arms around me. I didn't know why she did it and I couldn't really understand, but I felt secure. I buried my face into her clothing, getting a faint smell of Iyaz which made me smile.

"See? If we really hurt her, she wouldn't have accepted this" Tuana said before she let go of me.

"I need to see Iyaz.. I need him.." I whispered yet I felt like it was a scream. Everyone heard it.

"They will punish him.. They are hurting him.. He- He is hurting us.." I said before I fell to my knees.

"Let's take her to a room guys. Brandon, I want all of the reports in fifteen minutes. I will look into this" Anna said before she helped me to a room. I sat down in the chair and she told everyone to leave. It was just me and her. She sat down in a chair in front of me. I was scared to look into her eyes so I looked down at my shaky hands.

"Look, no one is here. I am here to help you. There is nothing to be scared of. But in order to help you, you need to tell me the truth. Is Iyaz abusing and hurting you in any way?" she asked me. I looked up at her, shaking my head.

"He was there with me.. In that hole. He saved me from there. I need to see him, please let me see him" I said, letting some tears fall. She looked me in the eyes, trying to find something.

"You need to tell me the truth" she said, making me stand up.

"I am not lying! Iyaz needs me and I need him. He let me run out of that hole before he ran away himself. His family is nice and they are helping me. I need to see him, please. I would've said it if it was a lie" I said, before I sat down and put my face in my hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Will they believe her?