Chapter 41

Chapter 41

"You can't do that!"

"This is our only chance, we can't let it slip"

"They need each other, she is a human being!"

"Do you want a good future? Then work along"

"I don't know, Richard"

I heard Savannah and Richard talk in the kitchen but I didn't understand a single thing they said. I walked towards the kitchen since Savannah had called me for dinner. I had showered alone for the first time. It was difficult since I didn't know what to do other than what Savannah had taught me yesterday. I showered every day even though she told me that it wasn't really good to shower every day. I didn't listen though. It made me feel clean. I felt like I was out of that hole when I was washing myself.

Richard and Savannah saw me and stopped talking immediately. They had a worried face and I looked at them in confusion. I was happy that Richard was here. I hadn't seen Iyaz for two days now. They had told me that his questions were taking longer and that he needed to be taken care of. I wanted to protest but thought better of it. I didn't want to get punished now that I was being a good girl. Savannah smiled at me before she pointed at the chair that I was always sitting on. I sat down and she started serving food. She told me that she didn't eat animals, which led me to ask what animals were and she told me that she would show me one time. She put something on my plate that I didn't know what it was but I started eating. It was different each day, since I had only been eating bread back there. My mouth had an explosion with all the flavour that I was tasting and I enjoyed it each day.

"Can I see Iyaz today?" I asked, with a nervous mind. I was scard of their reaction, but I couldn't help it anymore.

"Yes"

"No" they said at the same time. They looked at each other for a few seconds before Richard turned towards me.

"We think that its the best if you don't see him for a while. He needs to be taken care of just like you" Richard, crashing my feeling of being excited to see Iyaz. I stopped eating, pushing the plate forward.

"I need to see him. I can't hold it anymore" I said, going against anyone's word for the first time. I was waiting for the punishment and I bit my tongue, knowing that it was better if I kept silent.

"No, you will not" Richard said, ending the conversation by continuing to eat. I was too scared to say anything else, still being surprised that I didn't get punished.

"Savannah will help you get ready. There will be some people that will interview you and you will answer their questions" he said, looking me deadly in the eye. I nodded, not wanting to make him mad. I was still feeling bad since I couldn't see Iyaz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHUT IS GUNNA HAPPEN