Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"I'm going to ask you some questions. Shake your head if you don't want to answer them, okay? Don't feel forced" I heard Richard say. I nodded, looking at the picture in my hands. Savannah entered and sat down beside me.

"Let's start with the day you were found. How did you get to the road?" he asked me. I closed my eyes for a second, not wanting to put into words, but I knew I had to do it to save Iyaz.

"He came and grabbed us and took us upstairs, like he always would. I thought that he would touch me again, but he didn't. He said that Iyaz was going to touch me. He tied us to the bed.. and.. and" I couldn't continue, thinking of how I had never talked about it out loud. It was a weird feeling and I felt like I was feeling it all again.

"Take your time, its okay" I heard Savannah's voice and I nodded, thanking her in my head.

"Iyaz agreed on it. I never thought he would've. When he was almost on top of me, I told him that I would hate him if he did it. He then took me off guard and told me his plan" I said, opening my eyes that were closed. It was dark behind my eyelids and I wanted anything but darkness surrounding me at that moment.

"What was his plan? Did he touch you?" he said, when I was silent for a while.

"He didn't. He did touch my leg and my hair, but he only did that to act like he was listening to that man. He told me.. He told me that he had stolen his gun and that there was a door open next to the room we were in. He told me that when he told me to run, I had to run from that door and talk to the first person I saw" I said, looking at Savannah. She was looking at me with an expression that I didn't understand.

"How did he get the gun?" he asked further and I told them. He had asked me so many questions that it was hurting my head and I asked after a while if we could stop. I stood up with Savannah, holding the picture with a firm grip.

"I am going to start a search on national television. There need to be people who are missing her. When people come up to us, we will do a DNA test" Richard said to Erika who was standing in the corner. Savannah just shook her head before we walked out.

"We now need to go to the hospital. They are going to do a few tests. These tests are about your IQ and to get if you have anything wrong" she said, not making sense. I nodded, because I didn't want to make her mad.

"What is this?" she asked me while holding up a card. I looked at it, not understanding what it was. I tried to think, because I had this feeling that I needed to do this right.

When we arrived at the hospital, they took me to this room and someone was holding up pictures with objects as she called them and I had to tell them what they were. It was very difficult but I just looked at Iyaz's picture and that did help me with my headache.

I looked at the picture, remembering what it was.

"A bucket" I said, knowing all too well how I remembered that.

"Good job. And is it round or is it a square" she said. I thought of the times where Iyaz taught me about it.

"Round" I said and she nodded, smiling.

"You must be very tired" Savannah said when we were driving to her house. I nodded, fidgeting with my fingers.

"You can sleep a bit till dinner is ready and then we can eat together, sounds good?" she asked me and I nodded again, being too tired to talk. When we reached home, I went to the room I slept in. I went into the bed, being amazed at how soft it was. I put the picture of Iyaz next to me. Memories of him were flowing through my mind and I closed my eyes, taking them in my arms. I opened my hands in the air, like how Iyaz always did when he was feeling bad.

"Hey Allah. Iyaz always talked to you, so I figured I could talk too. I just wanted you to tell Iyaz that I want him out of there. I hope he isn't hurting. The feeling that I am here in a soft bed and he there in that hole was hurting me enough already. I don't know whether he is okay or not, but please make sure he is okay" I whispered to the air, like he had done so many times. I then turned so my head was slightly on the picture. I didn't know why I did that but my body just told me to. I put my hand on his face on the picture and closed my eyes, letting the tiredness get to me..

~~~~~~
My chaps getting longer rightttt