Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"What? What did you see?" he said, sitting upright. I pushed myself further into the wall, feeling the sweat surface. He was looking at me with big eyes and I got scared.

"Hey, I won't hurt you. Just tell me, I can help" he said, softening his voice. I smiled, knowing that he wouldn't hurt me.

"I saw blue water. It was huge. I was walking towards it and then I heard a voice. I don't know if it was a man or not. It didn't sound like your voice" I said, letting it all out slowly. He looked at me, still with his wide eyes.

"What did that person say?" he asked. I played with my fingers, trying to push the nervousness away.

"You here again?" I replied to his question. He looked away for a second as if he was thinking.

"California is known for its sea" he said randomly. I looked at him with a confused face.

"What do you mean?" I asked him, wanting to understand him.

"I think you are from there. If you saw the sea and if California came randomly out of your mouth, it means that you came from there" he stated. I shook my head.

"Iyaz, I was born here.." I almost whispered, not wanting to say it out loud to call the memories back.

"Look, you need to listen to me" he said, coming closer towards me. I lied down, because of my stomach. I hold it, letting the pain get to me. Iyaz looked around before he got a shirt that was laying there. He wrapped it around his hand and came closer. I moved back.

"Don't be scared" he said with his soft voice again. He came closer and started rubbing my stomach softly.

"I guess this is allowed though" he said, holding up his covered hand. I didn't understand him but smiled, because him rubbing my stomach was actually good for the pain.

"Everyone has family, as I have said. You were born somewhere else. I know it's hard to believe, but always believe me when I tell you things. I won't ever hurt you. I am on your side and I would give everything to stop that disgusting man from harming you. You need to believe me" he said, looking me in the eyes. I looked away, not wanting that man to be mentioned.

"You were born somewhere else. With real parents. You cannot be born here. You see all these dreams that are memories of your past. I don't want to yell out the things just to confuse your mind even more, but you need to realize that this isn't your home" he said. The word home was so strange yet so familiar. It felt like I had heard of it before.

"When we get out of here, we will go to California. We will search every street to find your parents. They must be worried sick, like mine. I hope they didn't give up hope yet.." he whispered the last part. I didn't react, wanting to enjoy that the pain was slowly fading away.

"Does it good?" he asked me. I nodded, still with eyes closed.

"Beau..?" I heard Iyaz's voice faintly. I opened my eyes, realizing that I was about to fall asleep. He was holding a piece of bread and water.

"Come, eat" he said and I stood up slowly, moving towards him.

"Are you feeling better?" he asked me. I nodded, taking a huge bite out of the bread.

"Whoa, easy there" he said while laughing. It was such a weird sound. I had never heard him laugh like that. It was actually a very nice sound.

"Do you think you have siblings?" Iyaz asked after a while. I looked at him.

"What does that mean?" I asked, wanting to understand what he meant.

"Brothers, sisters- people who are also the children of your parents. Its actually so fascinating. Like, they are made by the same people and grew in the same belly. Yet they are different people. Its so weird" he said, not making any sense.

"I don't think I have" I replied, taking a big gulp of the water.

"Soon, we will find out" he said and for the first time, I believed him.

"I hope"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm currently wrapped up in a cozy scarf that has all the colors of fall (while its not cold) and I think I'm gonna make myself a pumpkin spice latte after posting this. Think you figured I love fall. Yay. End of rant. I should be studying.. lol..