Chapter 66

Chapter 66
This is the second update today! Read chap 65 first!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went downstairs with him, letting the smell of rice and vegetables reach my nose. I saw his family sitting around the table already. They were talking and laughing. I let their sounds enter my mind, smiling a little. I hated a lot of sounds, but their talking just made me feel better. I sat down next to Iyaz which has been my spot since I came. In the beginning, they would go silent when I sat down and would look at me with weird expressions. Now they just act like how they normally do. I liked that. His mother smiled at me when she put the rice on my plate.

"I made it for you" she said, making me look down. I didn't know what to say.

"Mum! I thought you had made it for me! Why am I always the one who is being left out?!" Tuana complained, making them all laugh. I smiled too. She was always like that. She always complained when her mother gave others attention. It's weird.

"Maybe cause you are the less likeable one among us" Iyaz replied, making Tuana mad. He always made her more angry. I started eating my food quickly when I realized how hungry I was.

"Hey hey, slow down" Iyaz said laughing before he grabbed the spoon from me. He gave it back right after.

"You will hurt your stomach" Fatima said and I nodded, carrying on with eating slower.

"Mum, I am out with Beau today. I am going to take her somewhere" Iyaz said, making me look up at him.

"No, it's not another doctor" he said, making me sigh in relief. We kept on eating and listening to Tuana of how she should be loved and of how unfair it was.

"Are you ready?" Iyaz asked after I had talked with Anna on the phone. I nodded, grabbing my jacket. Even though it wasn't that cold, I hated to leave without a jacket. It was just because of some memory I had from before.

We walked towards the car and getting in immediately, letting no one see us. He then started driving.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. He just smiled, not looking at me.

"You will see" he said, ignoring my question. I just stared out the window, looking at everything that we were passing by. It was different than normal, so that meant we were going somewhere I hadn't been before. I looked at the buildings that were lit up. I looked at the people that were walking, cycling. It all felt.. alive.

"Can you ride on a bike?" I asked him. He nodded, stopping at the red light.

"Maybe you can too" he said.

"Close your eyes" he said after he had stopped. I looked at him with wide eyes, not understanding what was going to happen. I didn't want to see his face the moment I closed my eyes.

"Trust me" he said softly. I hated the affect he had on me with his voice that soft. I listened to him anyway and closed my eyes.

"I will help you get out of the car" he said and he did as he said. A very foreign yet familiar smell surrounded me and I smiled, enjoying it.

"Open your eyes" he whispered. My mouth fell open the moment I did.

"Do you remember how you had told me that you remembered white roses?" he said. I thought back to the time I had seen a memory and remembered white roses when we were back in the hole. I nodded, looking around. There were so many.

"Those.. those are white roses. I know, I saw them" I said to him, not letting my eyes leave them.

"This is our local rosefield. I used to come here a lot with my sisters. It used to be red roses but then they changed it to white. Beautiful right?" he asked me and I nodded. The white of the roses was matching the green that was surrounding them. I felt this push in my chest, as if they were so familiar. I felt like I could reach out to them, I felt like I was close to remembering but my arms weren't long enough to catch them.

"Iyaz, can I ask you something?" I said softly, still looking at the roses with awe.

"Anything" he replied, moving so he was standing next to me. I touched a rose with my hand, loving the feeling of the petals against my skin.

"Why do you call me Beau?" I asked him. I had never asked this before. I knew that wasn't my name. His family didn't call me anything, since they said they wanted to wait til I found my real name. I had told them that it was Miracle, yet I feel like I can't believe that anymore.

"You are fierce. You're a survivor. You're a fighter through and through.. Little brave, breathe.. There is a warrior within you" he said with his soft voice. I registered what he had said.

"When you were in there, I realized that you are fierce. You would stand up for me, sacrifice yourself so I wouldn't get hurt. You forgot everything yet you kept fighting and fighting to survive. You fought without realizing and you are still fighting now. There is a very strong warrior within you that will one day win. The good always wins in the end" he said. I thought of the things he said, recognising a few of them.

"But.. why Beau?" I asked, not understanding the link between it. He turned to me and smiled.

"The writer of the poem of what I just said is written by Beau Taplin. Plus, you are beau" he said, looking at the field.

"It's French" he said after that, picking a rose. He then turned towards me and gave it to me.

"I want you to keep this. I want you to forever cherish this. I want you to look at this and remember how strong you are. I want you to remember my words I just said when you feel down. I want you to know that you can survive whatever happens to you" he said, before he walked over to the car. I stood there for a few more minutes, breathing in the scent of the roses and enjoying the view before I turned and went into the car he was waiting in. He started the car and drove off. Before we reached his house, I said the thing I had been wanting to say for a while.

"Thank you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

HE IS SO FRIKIN CUTE OMG