Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Iyaz, wake up" I said with bread in my hand. We were back in the hole and finally got some bread and fresh water. He moved a bit but didn't wake up. I shook him harder.

"Iyaz" I said with a louder voice. He jumped awake and looked around.

"No danger, don't worry. Here, eat" I said when I realized he thought something had happened. He relaxed and closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"You know, I don't know how life will be after we get out of here. I don't think I could ever live further with the memories" he said, grabbing the bread from me. He started eating it.

"What is it there like?" I asked him, wanting to know what he always means with the life outside. He looked at me for a second.

"It is beautiful. There are many people out there, all chasing dreams. The green of the grass hits you everytime you walk through spring and summer. The scent of flowers that go in your veins when the sun starts shining. The cozy smell of fall and hot chocolate are the best. And then, then winter. Where you could play with snow and just lie there, enjoying it to the fullest. Life out there is amazing, and I promise to let you live" he said, wiping a single tear away. I didn't understand what he was saying or what he meant and it was frustrating me. I closed my eyes, wanting nothing more than to understand him.

"Come here, look, this one is white!" I heard a voice in my mind. I saw a flash of white things there, surrounded by grass.

"You can take one rose for your mother, not more. Let them live. I feel so bad when we take one since it dies afterwards" the voice said and suddenly the face of him came up my mind. He was smiling at me with little eyes. He had dark hair and it felt like I had found the world.

"I..Iyaz" I whispered while holding my head. The scene in my head just vanished, like it wasn't even there. I opened my eyes, meeting the darkness. I looked at Iyaz.

"I saw roses. I saw white roses"

~~~~~~~~~~
I HAVE HOLIDAYS I HAVE TIME TIME TIME