Chapter 43

Chapter 43

"No! Please, stop it!" I yelled. Richard was getting closer and closer each time. He was angry, very angry. I was so scared. I knew I was going to get punished.

"I told you to answer their questions! You need to answer their questions! I won't let this one opportunity fade away because miss just had a rough past. Let's get a thing clear, yeah? We all had a rough past. No one has had a perfect life. You didn't either. So be a good girl, and do what I tell you to!" he yelled at me. Savannah walked over and stood in front of me.

"I'm sorry.. I promise I will be good but please, please don't punish me.." I whispered, wanting to prevent him touching me and giving me the nightmares all over again.

"You are scaring her! What is wrong with you?! I can't recognize you anymore!" I heard Savannah yell at him. I grabbed her hand, trying to stop her. Iyaz always stood up too and it only got him more beatings.

"Can't you see I'm doing it for us? One day when you leave him you'll need the money. We could get so many things out of this, can you imagine that? Like w-"

Savannah interrupted him. I closed my eyes, preventing myself from seeing his outrageous state.

"Stop it! This isn't right, Richard. You can't do this. The poor girl needs treatment. She needs to see doctors and therapists. She is damaged. She didn't even know what soup is! She looks like a four-year-old trapped in the body of a teenager. We need to help her" she said, softing her voice.

"Its not like I am preventing anything! I just want to make everything we do public so we get recognition. We found her, Sav. We are allowed to do what we want. We are not hurting the girl" he said, having a softer tone too. I let out a breath, knowing that he wasn't angry anymore. I didn't understand it. I didn't understand why she didn't get punished.

"Get out and go think about all the things you have done till now. You have treated her like an animal, letting her go through all these tests and trials. She is not an animal, Richard. Get out and don't come back till you found your own logic again. This is not you" she said, taking a step back which made me crash into her. I heard a few movements but still didn't open my eyes.

"Relax, he is gone. Open your eyes" I heard the soft voice that made me feel strange things that were unknown.

"Please.. Let me see Iyaz.." I whispered to the air, hoping for it to be heard..

~~~~~~
Stay tuned, maybe I will post another chapchap!