Chapter 42

Chapter 42

They were sitting around me. Savannah had dressed me and even did my hair, which was very long. She said she would cut it after the interview. I had had haircuts a few times before and it wasn't pleasing, so I got nervous when she said that. I looked around. Cameras were flashing like they said and they were asking a lot of questions, making it overwhelming for me. A headache started to creep up and I looked at Savannah for help.

"Guys, let's just ask one question at a time" she said, silencing them. They looked at me and nodded and one of them raised a hand. Savannah pointed at him and he looked at me.

"What is your name?" he asked the question I never thought I would hear again. I grabbed the armchair tighter, breathing out softly.

"I'm Miracle. My name is Miracle" I said, trying top lease them. I didn't want to get punished so I tried my best to answer correctly.

"How old are you?" asked another. I looked at the woman. She had something in her hand with paper, doing some strange things when I talked.

"Nineteen" I replied, knowing my real age like Savannah had told me. She said it had to do with some tests they did on me. It wasn't fourteen like I had known, she said. The woman smiled at me before she looked down on the paper, continuing her weird doing.

"Where are you from?" a man asked. I looked over at him, thinking of the question. I didn't even know what he meant. I looked over at Savannah in confusion.

"Skip that one" she said and the man nodded, being silent after that. I looked down, not wanting to get punished. I felt bad. I should've answered that. But I really didn't know what he meant.

"What happened to you there?" the same woman asked.

"I... I" I started but couldn't finish. I started shaking softly, sweating uncontrollably. The memories started to come up to surface, letting me feel the pain again. The surroundings changed to the hole, blocking the light that I had finally seen. His face appeared in my mind, sending my stomach the pain that I always felt when we made eye-contact. I started shaking and tried to stand up to run away from him, but I knew that I was trapped between four walls. His voice started to echo through my mind, making their way up to my head. I couldn't hear anything but him. Places switched and I found myself on the bed, tied, with men surrounding me. I saw my tears that were almost dry, yet coming out like they couldn't help it. Iyaz was nowhere to be found and that made me even sadder. I was tr-

"Stop it! You are safe! You are okay! Please, open your eyes" I heard a soft but desperate voice. I opened my eyes because of the impact of the voice and saw Savannah standing in front of me. The people behind her started talking.

"What is happening? What happened to her? Did she get raped? Since when has she been missing? Where are her parents? What will hap-"

"Stop!" Savannah yelled while turning to them. Richard was just standing in the corner, crossing his arms.

"I think its best that you leave now. Enough for today" she said, wrapping her arms around me and making me stand up. She took me to my room and I had a feeling in my stomach like I just had, knowing that she would punish me for ruining it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your predictions guyssss? What will happen?