Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Is it blue?" he asked me. I shook my head, not quite knowing the difference between blue or red.

"Is it big?" he asked again, and I nodded. We were 'playing a game' as he said. I wasn't really understanding anything but he said weird things like how it would help or something.

"Yes, okay. So is it round?" he asked. I thought about it. This was not helping. I wasn't good at it. I didn't even understand what he meant.

"I don't know" I whispered, looking down.

"What's wrong?" he asked me, crawling a little towards me. I shook my head, not really wanting to explain.

"Come on, tell me" he said softly, making me give in.

"I don't know what you mean by blue or red or round.. I just- I don't know" I said while hugging my knees. He was silent for a long time, before he was looking around the whole time, crawling around like crazy. After he gathered a few things that were around there, he came towards me. He put everything in front of me and then looked at me.

"Look, this is round. You see, it has no edges, no sharp, pointy things. It is round. You see, round" he said, pointing at the bucket of dirty water that was always in the corner.

"You understood?" he asked me softly. I nodded, not understanding why you would call a bucket with water round.

"And this, this is a square. It has four pointy things, as you can see" he said, pointing at the little pillow that we had there. I grabbed the pillow, hugging it. The smell of it made me feel dizzy, but it made me feel good. I could smell a little of Iyaz on it. Maybe it was really his scent, or maybe the scent of his t-shirt that I wore in the beginning that he came here was still lingering around me, since a lot of things made me feel like it smelled like him.

"This smells like you" I said, giving it to him. He took a sniff of it before he made a weird face that didn't look so well.

"This does not smell like me" he said, throwing the pillow in front of him. I nodded, not wanting to make him mad.

"Hey, its okay. At least you got my shirt" he said, pointing at me. I looked down and saw that I was wearing his black shirt. He wasn't wearing any shirt which made me feel a little bad. Wouldn't he feel cold? Though it is very hot here a lot of times.

"When we get out of here, I will buy you a lot of nice clothes. You can even try my sisters' clothes. They are very modest and wear good clothes. Sometimes they could be annoying though, because they always have messy rooms" he said, while wiping away his eyes. He then looked at me and smiled.

"We will get out of here. I will get you out of here" he said like he always did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~