Chapter 88

Read from update chapter 85

 I followed inside the door, feeling everything again and again. I felt the urge to run away, but I didn't. Looking around the hallway reminded me of the times I would wake up for school and run around the hallways to find my schoolbag that I somehow always lost after school. We then walked to the living room. I didn't even need a guide, I just knew where it was. Looking around, my tears were still streaming down. Nothing had changed. Literally nothing. The walls still had the faint white colour. The TV was still the old one my mother never wanted to throw away cause 'it still worked'. I saw the pictures of cats on the wall, that were my cats that I had for a few years before selling them. I became allergic. I looked over at the couches that were half destroyed, the only things that weren't really the same anymore. I sat down on it, after everyone sat. She sat down next to the TV on the single couch we used to have. She couldn't take her eyes off of me. As if I would fade away when she did. It was silent and the air was suffocating me. I looked over at Iyaz, desperately wanting for him to start. He got it and looked at her, searching for words.

"So I don't know where to start, but we would like some answers. She needs to know all the things" he said, being completely vague. She just looked at him.

"We both escaped the prison on earth together. There were so many sacrifices. If there was one word I could describe us with is that, sacrifice. We took each others beatings, we stood up for one another. She would tend my wounds even though she never knew how to after I got my beatings. I would cover her when he would take her and throw her back completely naked. She would take my needles, I would take her whipping. She would stop my beatings by offering herself to her, I would stop her beatings by jumping in front of it. She protected me when she didn't even know what a human being was. She was like a small child, just learning about the world. She had no knowledge whatsoever, not even remembering her own name. He gave her a sickening name, making her forget everything and everyone. With all that, you would think that she could only care about herself, but she didn't. She cared for me. She got hurt for me. She saved me. Now she starts to remember the things people took away from her, so please, for the love of her strength, tell her everything she deserves to know" I heard him tell, letting my tears fall. Iyaz didn't hide his tears, and I smiled up at him. Never had he really talked about me like that and now that I remembered a lot, it felt good. It felt great. I felt butterflies going through my body, trying to tell me things I avoid.

She had tears now too, looking down and nodding after she took in what Iyaz had said. I heard her take in a deep breath, trying to get ready for this.

"I'm so sorry.. I'm so sorry I couldn't save you" she started whispering, looking at me.

"It was like they tied my hands. I couldn't do anything" she said, crying loudly.

"Zaki, the man who kidnapped you, was a family friend. He was your father's best friend. He had always been creepy. He was always hitting on me when your father was gone. I didn't tell him that, but I tried to avoid him. He would come here and try to play with you, yet I would always make sure you were out of sight when he was here. That was until.." she said and stopped, wiping her tears away.

"Until what?" I spat out, feeling disgusted of the things that I was hearing. She didn't look me in the eyes and I felt bad for snapping. I could see that she was sincere.

"He worked with Richard and all the other people. They had discovered some medicine and all that. They were into science and all that. They had this idea in their heads, an idea that could be fatal" she said, feeling ashamed showing that by looking down.

"So they kidnapped me. They made a plan to do all the research on me by kidnapping me" I replied, dying to know if it was true.

"Yes" she answered, making me let out a breath.

"How in the world did you all allow that?!" I raised my voice, not understanding how they did that.

"I couldn't do anything about it!" she yelled at me. I shook my head and I felt Anna's hand on my back.

"One day I was waiting for you to come home. You didn't. I got panicked and searched everywhere. The whole village searched. Then I went to the police to report it, and they set out an amber alert, yet it didn't reach the news. I never understood anything and believed them blindly because I was just so down by the loss of you. I was all alone in this" she said, wiping away more of her tears. I shook my head again, still not understanding.

"How were you alone in this?" I asked her, clearly not getting it.

"Your father had left a couple of weeks before that. He left with your eighteen-year-old cousin, my niece" she said, making me gasp. Images of my cousin were going through my mind, how we were having a fight at school. I had just found out and she was calling me names, I was calling her things. I remembered that. An image of my father came to my mind, letting the tears fall. I could feel the hatred I used to feel for him appear. I remembered him hurting my mother with his words like knives. I remembered him leaving me for her, not caring about anything.

"I found him and told him that you were lost, but he didn't care. He thought I did it for revenge, just to get him back. He was powerful as well, so he managed to put me in prison for making you disappear. I got freed three years ago because in the end, no one believed him and he had no evidence. I had stayed in prison for two years, not being able to reach out to you. You'll never know the pain I had felt. I was so scared of the things happening to you while not being able to save you" she said, keeping on with crying. I closed my eyes for a few seconds. It was way too much information for me to take.

"Then after I was free, I tried to search for you. I found Richard, but he made sure I stopped searching. He told me that he would get rid of you when I would try anything. I needed you alive, no matter what torture you were enduring. So I stayed home, waiting for you to come. Waiting for you to knock on that door five times. I would order necessities home, not leaving. I have never left the house for three years, scared that I might loose you while you come. So I just stayed and put my trust fully in Allah" she said, this time completely red from all the crying.

"I may be a bad mother, but I am not the worst. I just couldn't let you die" she said after that, standing up and walking towards me. She looked me in the eyes and I felt a pang in my chest, like a knife that was stabbed into me multiple times.

"I just hope that maybe one day you will forgive me and forget what happened" she said, throwing her arms around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHUT? DID YOU EXPECT THIS?!

Last chapter of the day. I hope to post the final two chapters tomorrow. So weird, this morning I didn't think I could finish this story tomorrow. I feel so so so weird.