Chapter 77

Chapter

"Can't we just tell them that you remember everything?" Anna asked me. I shook my head. We had been planning on how to escape Richard so he won't ever have the power to take anything out of me.

"No, that would want them to do research even more" I replied.

"Do you wanna know what they did with the man?" she asked, letting electricity go through my spine. I closed my eyes for a second, not knowing what to say. Did I really want to know? I didn't even want to know anything about him, but what if he can't be free anymore? I nodded slowly.

"He confessed. He is very skeptical still, I watched his confession, saying that they don't even know one percentage of the story" she said. I didn't reply, not wanting to think anything of it. I didn't want to have an opinion of it anymore- I just wanted to forget.

"He will be sentenced in a few weeks. I talked to some attorneys and they said that he most likely would get death penalty, but there was a chance that he would be sentenced to life" she said. I still didn't say anything. I was just going through maps, trying to remember California. It was the only cue I had.

"Will you be okay by yourself if I leave now? I need to go to work" she asked like she asked every day. I nodded, not meeting her eyes. It was like I was frozen, my mind fighting so hard so the memories don't appear.

"There is some food in the fridge you can heat up" she said before she left. I stood frozen in place, not being able to move. I felt this sudden feeling, making my chest rise. I was about to explode and I couldn't point out if it was good or not. It was raw- real. My legs started to move and I stood up. I walked over to Anna's room, opening her drawer. I knew that I was following my gut and I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do. I grabbed a scarf, standing in front of the mirror. I saw my own reflection, feeling like this wasn't right, yet the feeling only grew. I felt my hands putting the scarf around my head like his sisters always did. I felt tears streaming down my face without my control. Nothing was in my control, yet I felt like this was the first time I had most power. I walked downstairs, not being able to look at myself in the mirror any more. I sat down near the front door, at the end of the stairs. I felt my eyes move up, the tears having a chance to stream down nicely. I opened my hands in the air, taking a deep breath. I knew I was going to mee the one I hadn't talked to for years.

"Hey.. It's been a while, right? Five years. Five years since I talked to you with a concious mind, Five years before you planned something else for me. I can't ask you why. I feel like I can't ask you that. Maybe if I hadn't met him, yes, I would scream at you for the why. But I can't imagine not meeting him. He has been the safe plane I went to when I needed to be away from the reality, from all the pain. How funny is it? I met you after five years, and the first person I talk to you about is Iyaz. You have put me in the city that only has storms and rain and I don't know when I will run out of it. I want to find my identity through this storm so I have a village and wooden house to return to. It doesn't matter if he comes with me. It doesn't matter if he doesn't believe me. I have a purpose, a deal. I need to find them. I need to know who I am. What my character is, my likings. I need to know everything. This feels so nice, you know? I can't understand how I forgot, but maybe the worst was forgetting about you. Was this the reason why I always calmed down when he recited your words. Allah.. God- saying your name sounds so good. I know that you gave me storms for years, having the only light being Iyaz. But please, I think I've had my dose. From now on, I beg you, please help me. Help me find myself. Help me forget. The memories keep running after me, them being faster. Give me the shotgun, killing them. Give me the power to step into the car, drive away from here, knowing where my destination is" I finished, my face completely wet from the tears.

"Beau?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHO IS THAT?

okay, just a quick note. i dont care about votes. i dont care about numbers of reads. i only care about comments, because i write this for you and appreciate your opinion very much. dont message me or comment with just 'update' (which is rude anyway) when you wont even leave a comment with normal opinion.  i dont even get appreciation when i update twice a week; some people sending me msgs with just update- wth dude? first of all you can thank me for updating. i feel pressured the whole time because people act like i never update. there are so many FAMOUS stories with millions of reads that only update once in two months. i tell yall that this story is hard to write because one wrong move and BAM- its ruined. i already made so many mistakes that yall dont see just to update in time bcz ppl were kinda mad at me. i shouldnt feel forced to update. i update when i am sure of an idea or when i know what i need to write. sometimes i update a whole chapter just because of a nice comment someone left. my life is a crazy rollercoaster and some days i dont even see my parents while we live in the same house. so just like i should encourage you to read, you should encourage me with your opinon. i am not hungry for comments and i hope yall will understand me. love.