Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"Don't touch her! Let her go!" Iyaz said. The chain around my wrists were pressing deep into my skin that it did hurt. I was trying to get away but it didn't work. When I took a step away, he came and punched me more. My eyes were teary and I felt my body shake. I started coughing up blood when he kicked me in my stomach. I heard Iyaz's screams but couldn't give it a place. My vision started to get blurry and I had a hard time breathing.

"If you don't want me to kill you stay silent!" his harsh voice was that made me come back again. I put my head between my arms to block it. It was the most terrifying sound I had ever heard. Every day I had to witness it wasn't even the worse. Him touching me was the worst. It was like a nightmare that you want to forget so badly. I looked over at Iyaz with blurry eyes and saw that he was holding Iyaz now. He pulled him up and took him with him towards the door. I tried to stand up but it didn't work. After a few more tried I stood up and with shaking legs I walked over to the door. I didn't know where I was going but I followed the voice of Iyaz. I didn't want to hear it. He sounded so bad, even though I always liked it when he talked to me. My eyes fell onto him. He was pushing down him and had his arms around his neck. He looked up at me and I saw his hands tighten.

"Go! Walk out the door and just run!" he yelled at me. My feet took a few steps back. I had never heard him like that. He looked away to the guy that was trying to grab Iyaz's face. Iyaz just turned towards me again, with more anger than before.

"GO!" He yelled at me for the second time. I immediately turned around and started walking. I didn't know where to. My legs were controlling my body. My vision was blurry, but I still could make out the surroundings. The pictures on the wall of me were disgusting me. I turned and saw some flowers in the corner of a table. I shook my head and kept on walking. I was seeing everything twice, as if once wasn't enough already. The brown walls were giving off a smell like dust that made my stomach turn. I was on top of the stairs and hold onto the side of the wall and started walking down. With each step I took downstairs, I felt like I was going to fall. But there was something inside of me that helped me to stay up. I neared towards a big door and couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I started knocking on it very loudly, wanting for someone to open the door. No sound came from the other side, not a single voice. 'GO!' I heard Iyaz's voice in my head. I looked down at the handle of the door and put my hand on it. I pushed it down and the door opened. The wind hit me immediately in my face that made my hair run to the back of my shoulders. I closed my eyes, not being able to open it.

"Let me go! I beg of you, please!" I yelled at the stranger who was holding my hands strongly. I bit my lip from the pain I felt there. The fear inside of me was eating everything that was inside. I didn't want to think of what was going to happen to me, or how long I would be breathing.

"Keep silent! Don't think of going back, because from now on your life will be here!" he said, swearing a lot after what he said. I looked around me. We just went out of the forest and in the middle of very perfectly green grass, I saw a big house. It was completely black and I knew immediately that it screamed trouble. I tried to let go and was pushing my feet into the ground to stop him from pulling me with him. I was screaming the whole time, not realizing what I was saying. Tears started to stream down when I realized what was really going to happen to me. The last thing I could do was to pray to a God above to help me.

I slowly opened my eyes. The light burned my eyes and my skin. It was a good burn though, not the kind of burn I felt when he burnt my skin sometimes. The green of the grass hit me and my mouth opened a bit. The dark green of the forest was blurry but still present. I looked down at my feet, that looked so ugly with all these dirt on it, next to the beautiful grass. I pushed a foot into the grass, wanting to feel everything. Everything I used to be able to feel. I wa-

"And where do you think you are going?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out my new book and my new poetry book on my profile!
Instagram: mmms_29