Chapter 82

Chapter 82

"Congratulations" I heard from behind me. I turned around, seeing Savannah there. I hadn't seen her in so long. Memories of what she did came up, and I felt a wall building up around me. She was standing there with tears in her eyes.

"I hope, I just hope that one day you could forgive me. I needed you away from them, so that's why I needed to let you go" she said. I felt a presence beside me and saw that Iyaz took a protective stand. I grabbed the hem of his shirt, letting him know that it was okay.

"I had a daughter myself, and I pretty much thought of you as one. I really would've loved it if you could've stayed with me, and that I could've taught you life again like a newborn baby" she said, taking a step forward. I still didn't say anything. My mind wandered off to the times she would tell me stories about her daughter. Back then, it did nothing with me, but right now, I saw an example. I saw a.. mother. Something I haven't seen, nor could remember what it felt like. Suddenly I felt her cries, yearning for her daughter. It was a toxic feeling, yet so, so clear.

"I am sorry for all the pain they gave you, but I couldn't do anything about it. John came to know about me and Richard" she said, looking at Iyaz in disgust. I turned towards him but he had blocked his expression.

"He is going to divorce me. Ruining my life, as he said" she said, looking back at me. I didn't feel empathy for that part. That was completely and utterly her fault.

"Sometimes, marriages just don't work even though the love is there. Sometimes, people are just meant to be by heart, not by body and mind" she said, taking a step back, signaling that she was going to leave.

"Even though I don't like the person beside you, I know that he is the most wonderful person you could have in your life. Don't lose him" she said and turned around, walking away. Her last words were still sending me tingles and I was still processing what she said. She was long gone, yet I was still standing there, looking after her, with him by my side.

"Why?" I asked him. Iyaz sighed and turned towards me.

"Why did you ruin her marriage?" I asked him, irritated. Why would he hurt her on purpose? I didn't even care about what she did to me. I knew she wasn't a bad person.

"It was the only way we could win this court" he said, making me turn towards him and frown in disbelief.

"What?!" I said.

"Why would you want to win something by hurting others? You can't win by hurting others. She didn't deserve that, Iyaz" I said, making him look at me in disbelief this time.

"Are you comparing me to him?!" he yelled, out of nowhere. I was confused for a second before I remembered what I had said. You can't win by hurting others.

"I got terrified! Terrified of you being handed to the sharks with everyone watching! I got scared of them using you and then throw you away like trash, like you were meant to be in their eyes. You weren't supposed to remember and you weren't supposed to have someone that hasn't lost his mind to pick you up" he spat out. What was this? Our third argument now? His words stung like a bee.

"I am done" fighting with you, I wanted to add. I knew that I needed to get out of there. We were still out of the court room, with no one around us. I started walking before he grabbed me by my arm and turned me around. I got panicked for a second, thinking that it was someone else. The adrenaline kicked in, sending me the worst shivers I hadn't felt in a long time. For a second, I thought it was the first time he got me. The last time I had been myself. My hand flew to his cheek, making a sound that I was used to. His hand went to his cheek, shocked at my outburst.

"Don't you ever do that" I hissed, before I put my hands on my knees, trying to catch my breath. My mind went back to the hole and I couldn't stop it. Iyaz kneeled in front of me, keeping a fair distance between us.

"Hey, keep on breathing. It's okay.." he started with his soft voice, like he had done a million times in the hole. He started reciting Qur'an verses that made my heart calm down. Images of the hole were disappearing and I felt the sweat on my forehead from all the energy I had used. I stood up straight when I knew I could walk again. Iyaz looked at me with a soft expression.

"I'm sorry, I forgot you hate people sneaking up on you for a second. It wasn't my intention" he said and I nodded. It wasn't bad what he did, it was just that I couldn't stand it.

"You are nothing like him. You comparing yourself to him will only bring me the worst memories. So stop that" I said, letting out a breath. Iyaz didn't say anything.

"And don't you ever go behind my back anymore. What you did to her is not good, Iyaz. It's not your business.I don't want you to do things in my name, without my permission" I said, this time with a softer tone. He nodded, looking away.

"So you don't want me to help you find your family, is that what you're saying?" he asked with a soft voice, I almost felt bad.

"Of course not, you know I could only trust you" I told him, even though he had done things behind my back. He half-smiled at me, as if he didn't even believe it.

"It is a blessing from the One that He chose you to save me, and give me my life back even though I still don't know who I am" I said, wanting him to know really well how much he meant to me.

"We will find you, I promise" he said, making my heart skip because him promising things were like our memories. He always promised..

~~~~~~

I really felt its unnecessary to write another court moment to reflect what is happening. You will understand what went down in the bits and pieces I will reveal in the story.

I am die hard writing now so I could finish this story fast lol!!! even the last chap is like, almost done!! (I feel so emotional)