Chapter 80

Chapter

(Second update today!)

We sat in the living room with a cup of coffee. I had tea. I didn't like the smell of coffee. It reminded me of something I couldn't put my finger on. Iyaz was seated in front of me while Anna was next to me.

"So, you're saying that you have recorded what he and that shame of a doctor talked about?" Anna asked Iyaz. He nodded, taking out his phone.

"Let me play i-"

"No" I said immediately.

"I don't want to hear it" I didn't want to listen to them. I knew what they wanted and that was enough.

"It's okay" Iyaz replied, putting away his phone. He looked at me with an expression that I hated. Pity.. the word jumped into my mind. I hated it.

"It doesn't matter if they know that I remember or not, either way they want to earn money through research" I said, not knowing how I could escape it.

"We have a court in the next month, you know, as a follow-up of your staying. I will play it there but you have to have evidence with a face, not just a voice, especially if he denies" Iyaz said. I looked up at him. I had forgotten about the court. Didn't even think about it.

"I just want to be done with this all. I don't want anyone to make decisions for me anymore" I said, looking at him. He looked away.

"It's not about you, Iyaz, but you know what I want to do and that is the only thing I want my focus to be on" I said. I wanted to find my family- just myself.

"I know, and we will help you with that" Anna replied this time.

"Is there a chance that- but, what if they don't believe that I remember? What if they think it's Iyaz's idea?" I asked them. That made them silent for a few minutes.

"We can always go to a speech therapist who could test your language" Anna said. Those were the ones that did a lot of research on me. I was curious to what they had found but I would never ask. I would never read it simply because I wasn't interested.

"How can we do that without having the paparazzi on our necks?" Iyaz asked. I shook my head.

"They don't really follow me anymore since they don't get any reaction" I said, feeling relieved. They were haunting me every time they would see me and ask me questions that were like a slap in my face.

"Look, I will bring a speech therapist over. We will record the whole thing. Then we will show the results and recordings in court, so that they will know you are sane enough to make your own decisions. That way Richard could never use you anymore. Don't forget, he wanted you to not remember, that's what he told the doctor" Anna said, taking out her notebook, starting to write things. I nodded, not knowing how this would work but we had no other choice.

"Can we not talk about this anymore" I said, feeling tired because of the headache. That happened a lot. The moment I thought a lot was the moment when my head would hurt very bad. They both nodded, not saying anything.

"Do you have anything to do tomorrow? I really need to talk to you" Iyaz said when he was almost out the door.

"Why?" I asked him, leaning against the door. He put his scarf around his head while turning to me.

"I want to invite you for dinner" he said. I got excited for a second, since I really liked his family. T

"I don't think that's a good idea" I replied, declining.

"Why not?" he asked in confusion.

"Stop acting like nothing happened. They don't want me there, and that's okay. Bye Iyaz, talk to you later" I said and closed the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hold on to the memories, they will hold onto you. And I will hold on to you"