Chapter 64

Chapter 64

AM I BLESSING YOU GUYS WITH ALL THESE UPDATES?!

I looked over at where the voice came from. John was standing there with an envelope in his hand. He walked towards the Judge.

"I have evidence that shows that she has been used after she was found by sir Richard" John said while glaring at Richard. The Judge raised an eyebrow.

"It doesn't matter if there is evidence against that. We are now in trial for where her stay better is. This evidence doesn't change the facts" he said, making my stomach turn in my body. I looked over at Iyaz, who was looking at the Judge with pleading eyes. He then stood up.

"I am sorry for speaking without permission. I just want to say a few things and after that you can make your choice, please. Sir, I completely understand you and their reasons. I just want to say that I made promises. I promised her that I would always take care of her when we were out of that hole. In that hole, we were sacrificing so much for each other. She would jump between me and the disgusting man so I wouldn't get hurt. I would take her beatings. She shared her food with me, even though she had almost nothing. She cleaned my wounds. I gave her my clothes when he threw her in the hole naked. We saved each other each day. I promised her to teach her everything the moment we were out of there. I understand your concerns, but I would never hurt her. She knows this. Look, she was really difficult in the beginning. She didn't trust me because she didn't even know what the word meant. I gained her trust and I won't throw that away. All I'm asking is for you to try. Give me two months. Let her stay with me for two months, under strict supervision and therapy. After two months, make your decision and I won't say anything" Iyaz said and sat down after that. John walked back and sat down next to Iyaz's family and talked with them. The Judge talked with the people next to him and mentioned for us to stand up.

"Since I understand both sides, I will make a compromise. If she isn't being taken care of to the best, she will be away and be placed with other women in a house. Sir Assaf, I cannot trust that she will be hurt if the two months went well, that's why the supervision will even be applied if we come to a decision that her staying with you is better for her health. So for two months, take good care of her" he said, making me smile and look at Anna. She smiled back at me, squeezing my hand. I looked over at Iyaz, who wasn't looking at me. He still wouldn't look at me, but the faint smile on his face warmed my body.

It felt so weird. Now that I was allowed to stay at his place, I was scared to face him. We were standing in front of the court room. It had just ended. Iyaz was a little away, talking with his lawyer and family. I took a few steps towards them, scared of his reaction. He hadn't looked at me once after it ended. I neared to them and he looked at me when he realized that someone was near. He stopped talking and just stared at me. After what felt like hours, he took some steps towards me. I took a few steps forward too. I put my arms up, almost hugging him before I put my arms down, remembering how he didn't want me to touch him. He smiled at me, making me return it when I realized he had done the same with his arms.

"I uh..." I mumbled, lost for words. He just kept smiling, taking a step back.

"You look good" he said, nodding at me. I smiled.

"Yes, Anna has been taking good care of me. I.. I kept my promise. I remembered things" I said, looking at my slightly shaking hands. I was a little nervous, not knowing what his reaction was going to be.

"Really? I am so happy for you. It will be okay" he said, still smiling at me. His mother walked over to us.

"Let's go home" she said, smiling at me like her son did. I nodded, turning around to see Anna. She was half-smiling at me and I knew she had it difficult.

"This is not a goodbye obviously, since I will be seeing and talking to you every day. Just.. Just take care of yourself. I know he will care for you more than anything" she said and I thanked her for everything before I went back Iyaz. His family was already walking out of the building, yet he was leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets, waiting for me. When he saw me, he pushed off the wall and walked with me to the car. Neither of us said anything, but the silence was talking on its own.

"We need to talk when we are home" he said before he opened the door for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, she is able to be with them again!!