Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Anna went home after that even though I begged her to stay. I felt awkward staying there, acting like I didn't know anything. We were all sitting in the living room. They were talking with each other but I wasn't paying attention. I was missing a person who I didn't know where he was.

"Where is Iyaz?" I asked them. His mother replied for me.

"He went to meet with his friend and was going to bring some pizza for dinner" she said. I nodded before I stood up and went to my room. I entered it, feeling a little uneasy. I looked at the bed that was mine. So many dreams. So many memories that had flown through my head there. My insecurities. The times that I was scared. The times I let the tears flow without making a sound so I wouldn't wake up Tuana. I walked over to the bed, sitting down. So many thoughts were going through my mind. I felt different. I felt reborn. I felt new. I felt stronger. I couldn't understand how my mind was blocked. I couldn't understand what was in my mind. Understanding the memories from before and after. It was all so confusing. My mind didn't have a timeline, so filtering the things were hard. It was draining me out. I didn't know what was real and what was a dream. What was reality and what was fantasy. I really didn't know. It was like someone was punching my head in, constantly, without a pause. Like he did. I felt a single tear fall down. Memories wanted to climb into my mind. Bad ones. Ones that I just wanted to forget. Forgetting that seemed like impossible. Impossible seemed like infinity.

I didn't know for how long I had been sitting there, just thinking. I had been thinking about what I was going to do. A big struggle was going to face me, yet I didn't know if I was ready for it. I didn't even know if it was worth remembering everything.

The door opened, making me jump a little. I looked up with big eyes, expecting to see him, yet I saw Iyaz. He looked at me and I knew he was feeling awkward. He smiled slightly before he opened the door even further.

"I came to ask you downstairs for dinner" he said. I just nodded, not knowing what to say. He nodded back and turned around. I stood up, walking behind him downstairs. The whole time, my eyes were burning into his back, wanting an answer for his sudden change of behaviour. We entered the dining room and I sat down in my usual seat next to Iyaz. I remember not being able to sit elsewhere because of my issues. I hated sitting away from him, but now he wouldn't even look at me. We started eating in silence and I could feel that Fatima wanted to say something the whole time, but Tuana beat her to it.

"So, now that the two months that you had to stay with us are almost over, when will you go back to stay with Anna?" Tuana said, making me almost choke on my water. I looked at her with wide eyes, not understanding. Did she imply that they wanted me gone? I knew that I wasn't going to stay here for so long, but I thought that they had their door always open for me. If it was up to me, I would've stood up and walked out of there, not looking back. That comment really stung, it really did. It was like a slap in the face, but then on my heart, making it cry out blood. I knew I couldn't act like I was aware of what she said, so I just looked at her in confusion. Iyaz cleared his throat.

"She is not going anywhere" he said, drinking his water with one breath. I looked over at him but he just looked forward, ignoring me. Fatima started talking, I could tell she was angry at Tuana but I didn't even listen. I needed to talk to Iyaz, but I knew I couldn't.

"Isn't it enough now? Really, I am so sorry but we had it all coming. They both need to recover, especially Iyaz. He has been playing the tough hero for a long time now and its not fair. He needs to be able to live his pain just like she can" she said, making me familiar with this feeling that I hadn't felt in a while. Embarrassment.