Chapter 55

Chapter 55

Second update today!

Camera's were flashing in my face before they even said anything. I was sitting down, with Richard by my side. It felt awkward because he was acting so different. He was laughing and talking to all the men that were sitting there. One had no camera and he kept looking at me.

"This is Charles from 1234News. We are here today with the girl who had been found near a forest. It turned out that the girl had been kidnapped for a very long time. We arranged a meeting to do an interview knowing she was now steady enough to talk about it. We are here tonight with forest-girl" he said, turning towards the camera's. I didn't get a single thing from what he was saying and before I could even understand, he started talking to me.

"How have you been? Are you accustomed to the new lifestyle?" he asked me, turning the microphone towards me. I had been used to these things by now, yet this time it felt like I had to be scared for some reason.

"Yes" I replied, trying to keep it short. I was having a hard time talking in front of them, even though they didn't know that. It was really tiring to look them all in the eyes and think of everything.

"So I'd like to start from the beginning. How did it all happen? Do you remember the day you were kidnapped?" he asked and I looked down, fidgeting with my fingers. I felt like they were going to punish me when I couldn't answer their questions. I shook my head, knowing that I had nothing else to offer.

"You don't? Okay, that is possible- I mean you were very young. The man that took you, was he a relative or a total stranger?" he asked and I looked up, knowing that my eyes widened. Lately, I hadn't been thinking about him. I had been getting therapy on how to shut things out and the woman whose name I always forgot told me that I was able to do it very quickly. She said that my brain shut it out to survive. I shook my head again, not understanding his question. I didn't want to talk about him. I knew that I wouldn't be able to answer their questions and Richard would get mad at me and punish me.

"Was he now a relative or a stranger?" he asked me again. I shrugged my shoulders, trying to avoid the question.

"She doesn't know that" Richard replied instead of me. For the first time, I was happy with what he said. The reporter nodded and looked down at his paper.

"Okay, so, do you remember where it took place?" he said, looking at Richard and then at me. The memory popped into my head suddenly. I remembered that I told Iyaz one day that I saw California. I remembered how he took me- I knew he asked me for a street and asked me to take him there. I just didn't want to tell them.

"On a street. Don't know where" I replied, trying to sound like I didn't really know. He smiled at my answer softly.

"The guy that was in there with you. Had he been there with you since the beginning?" he asked me. My head shot up at the mentioning of Iyaz, sending shivers through my whole body.

"No" I replied, answering his question. He look at the other men before turning back to me.

"Do you remember the day he was brought in?" he asked and I nodded. I suddenly felt interested in talking since the subject was the one that gave me a secure feeling.

"Yes" I replied.

"Can you ellaborate that?" he asked, wanting to have details.

"I'd rather not talk about that" I said without realizing. I put my hand on my mouth, looking at Richard. I was going to get punished, I knew it. I felt so stupid for not answering the question. My hands started sweating and I knew that my whole body was going to start shaking.

"She just had a difficult time, you know, it is still hard to talk about it but she can do it. Let's just give her a break before we go further with the questions" Richard said. I felt relieved but also scared because I knew something was going to happen. Would he punish me in front of everyone? Or would he wait till they were gone?

The reporter nodded and they turned the camera's away from me. Savannah stood up and looked at me.

"Can you come with me for a bit?" she asked me. I nodded and stood up, following her to the front door. She put on her jacket, so I did the same. We walked out of the house to the front door. She then turned towards me and crossed her arms in front of her.

"I know it is hard for you, but I ask you to answer their questions with all honesty and details" she said. Before I could even react, I saw a figure from behind her. My eyes widened, knowing that he was the one I was always looking forward to see. Savannah saw that I was looking behind her and she turned around.

"Not again" she said, standing in front of me. Iyaz just grabbed her by her arms and pushed her aside softly.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?!" she yelled at him. Iyaz grabbed my arm tightly and I was confused on what was going on.

"Last time, I asked her to come with me but she refused. This time, call it force, I am taking her with me. What the heck do you think you are doing? A live interview? Really?! I should've never trusted you. I knew that you were just hungry for money and that nothing was sincere. This time, I am taking her with me and no one can stop me" he said, shouting every single word. I was scared, since that last times I had seen Iyaz he was very angry. Savannah looked at me before she turned towards Iyaz.

"She is causing nothing but trouble in this house. I never wanted to do this. Take her. Take her away and leave us alone. I did it all to please Richard but I am not risking losing him" She said to Iyaz in a stone-hard voice. My mouth went open, trying to say something, but I couldn't.

"You.. You lied to me?" I asked her. I felt like she was the one I owed everything to. She took me in, took care of me- and now she was saying that it was all never what she wanted.

"I wanted to take care of you, but it is a huge burden. I didn't think you needed so much care, and I didn't think that Richard would use this opportunity. As I said, take her away and stay away from my life" she said and turned around to walk through the door. Iyaz tugged on my arm but I didn't move.

"I hope your daughter doesn't see you like this" I said, making her stop in her steps. She didn't turn around, neither did I wait. I turned towards Iyaz and let him tug me along. We walked towards a car and he opened the door for me. He pushed me slightly to get in the car and I did. He put on my seatbelt and I closed my eyes, letting the secure feeling wrap around me by his scent. He then closed the door and sat down next to me. I looked down but I could feel his eyes on me.

"Don't worry Beau, you are safe now. Everything is going to be alright. I am going to take you to my house and my family and I will take care of you. I will make sure nothing ever happens to you again. I am so sorry for not being there sooner"

~~~~~~~

DONT BE SO SURE IYAZ MUHAHAHAHHA