Chapter 18

Chapter 18

"Aren't you cold?" I asked Iyaz. He was sitting in the corner, with almost no clothes on. His t-shirt was on me, since he took all of my clothes, leaving me only in underwear. Iyaz then gave his shirt to me for the second time he came here. Though the smell of it was horrible, I could still smell a little bit of him. I was thankful for that, since it made me feel better.

He shook his head, looking forward like he was in thoughts.

"How long have I been here, Ya Rabbi" he said out of nowhere. I didn't understand what he said but I wasn't paying attention to it either, since he always talked about things that I never understood.

"Will you promise me one thing?" he said, while looking at me. He looked with his little eyes, making it almost invisible to see it. His face was so pale, even though he was tan when he came here.

"What is it?" I asked him. He once told me what promise meant, since I didn't know what it was. He then crawled a little towards me.

"Will you promise me that when I say run, you will run away as fast as you can?" he said with a low voice. It was almost like it wasn't Iyaz.

"Why?" I asked him. He then shook his head while going back a little. He then sat down and smiled a bit. Then he looked at me again with a hard face, making me a little scared.

"Because this is not a place to live in. This is not home. This is not justice. You don't belong here, you hear me?" he said with a louder voice. I looked away, still not getting what he said. I have been told that I belonged only here. That this room was the only place existing in the world. What was world even?

"Look at me" he said, making me look at him.

"What's your name?" he asked me randomly. I raised an eyebrow. I thought he already knew.

"Miracle" I said with a soft voice, trying to avoid all the fear that was starting to raise in me.

"Tell me your name" he said, now his voice much louder. My hands started to sweat and I didn't look at his eyes. I didn't want to see him in Iyaz. Iyaz was not like him and he had proven that. He told me that.

"I'm Miracle" I said when I couldn't escape it anymore. He then crawled towards me, almost grabbing my arms.

"Tell me who you ar-"

"I'm Miracle! My name is Miracle! Miracle! I only have one name and it is Miracle! I forgot the past! No more other name, just Miracle!" I started screaming over and over again, just like he taught me. The fear was present now, running through my body. Out of nowhere, I crashed into a wall, and his scent made me calm down a bit. I knew that it was Iyaz and not him.

"This is why you don't belong here. Your name is not Miracle. You are not Miracle. Just wait til we get out of here. Just wait" he said, while letting go of me. Tears started to stream down and I didn't know how to stop them.

"Promise me one thing, Iyaz" I told him. His little eyes grew bigger and his mouth opened a bit. It was the first time I said something like this, but it felt like someone else was talking instead of me. I felt like someone was inside of me, knowing all these things that I didn't know.

"Promise me that when you say run to me, we run together"...

~~~~~~~~
Salaam guys, I know it has been so long. I know some of you have left this book. I just want to say that this story will have slow updates. This has been the most difficult story to ever write, and everytime I write it I get emotional, start crying and even my hands are shaking now. I just got this need to write todat out of nowhere, that's why this chapter. I don't know if its good and I don't know if I will regret it- I just had to write it. This story takes a lot of time, since I watch and read a lot about this topic. It makes me feel like I am actually in the story. So please, forgive me for the slow updates and if you don't like that, know that at the end of the year, this story will be complete in shaa Allah.

Thank you for everything, and love yall!