Chapter 24

chapter 24

"Really?!" he said, while nearing me. I nodded, still not understanding why I said that out of nowhere. He looked at me while smiling, which made me think that something good had happened.

"Of course something good has happened you idiot! You started remembering just like the other time! Soon enough you will remember everything about your life before!" he said loudly. I looked at him in confusion.

"Before?" I asked him. He stopped cheering and started looking serious.

"You were dragged here, you were not born here" he said, which brought me to the memories where I was forced to say the things he ordered me.

"Tell me where you come from!" he yelled while holding a plastic bottle in his hand. He looked at me with his scary, dark eyes that made me want to close my eyes and never open again. He was so scary, so so scary that it made me want to vomit. I thought of back home where I was so free and could live without any pain.

"I won't!" I yelled back at him which made him take out a lighter from his pocket. The weird feeling of knowing what he was about to do made it all seem unreal. He slapped me first before lighting the lighter. He brought it closer to the bottle which was above my exposed chest.

"Tell me where you come from. Now" he said, looking me in the eyes with anger. I kept silent, not wanting to say anything. He neared the lighter to the bottle, which made it melt after a while. Little drops of melted plastic fell on my chest, making me burn from the inside and out. The pain was unbearable, but I kept silent.

"Tell me" he whispered with his raspy voice, that gave me goosebumps from fear. I opened my mouth but was unable to speak of the pain. The drops still fell down but I wasn't unable to do anything. It was like my tongue was tied and all I could think of was how it was hurting me.

"I.. I was born.. born here" I whispered after a while which was very difficult. He threw the bottle away while grabbing me from my arms that were chained to one another. I closed my eyes, wanting the pain to be vanished away.

"Hey, you there? Did you see something again?" he asked me. I shook my head, lying about it. I didn't want him to know cause I didn't want to make him mad. What if he would do the same to me too? I couldn't bear that pain again. The pain that I had forgotten about it, but my chest didn't. I put my hand under my shirt and touched them. I could feel exactly where they were. Iyaz looked at me with a confused face before he crawled to the corner where we did our business. I turned towards the other side, not wanting to see it obviously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~