Chapter 49

Chapter 49

{First update of today, another one coming. So keep an eye open for chapter 50!}
_______________________________________________

I was sitting with Richard and Savannah at the dining table. The loud noises were still going, as if they weren't going to stop. Paparazzi had been standing in front of the house for a few hours now. They wanted to talk to me, Savannah said. Richard wanted me too but Savannah stopped him. I didn't know why she did that because I had been talking to people every day since I came here. It wasn't pleasant and I felt odd when they were asking questions that took me back to there. Sometimes I even had the feeling as if I was literally there. It was confusing me and at that moment I wanted nothing but to see Iyaz. Though he didn't come, he ever did.

"I will talk to them" Richard said and left his food. Savannah sighed and smiled at me.

"Tomorrow, I am going to take you to a speech therapist. She will do some tests so she could help you with talking and remembering" she said. I nodded, not fighting it anymore. I was tired of asking when I didn't understand things. It was getting too much. All the information were like sirens in my head, getting louder when they are becoming more.

It was the next day. I couldn't sleep much because of all the noises. The paparazzi had been standing outside waiting for me to come out. I was so scared, but I didn't tell Savannah. I was so scared they would come in and take me. I was scared of going back to the hole. I didn't want to go through that again.

Savannah came into my room, telling me that we were going. I had my clothes on and put a hoodie on to hide my face from the outside. It made me feel secure. I went downstairs and Savannah was already waiting for me by the door. We didn't have breakfast because we had to go. I put on my shoes and took a deep breath before she opened the door. There was a little garden before the entrance to the street, so I was happy that I wasn't met with paparazzi immediately. Their voices started becoming louder and I put my hands on my ear to stop hearing it. We were out of the main door and I tried not to look up but my eyes just didn't listen to me. Cameras started flashing in front of me. So many faces that were looking at me with wide eyes. Voices that were like knives in my back.

"Forest girl! Look here!" they kept calling me that because I practically had no name said Savannah. I told them my name is Miracle but they didn't believe me. They all kept calling me forest girl.

"Can you answer some questions please?" a few of them asked. Savannah grabbed my hand and we started running towards her car. She opened the door for me and I went in, locking my door immediately. They were banging on the window. I closed my eyes, trying to control my shaking. It was so scary to see all these people that were running after you. It was almost as scared as the hole. Savannah yelled a few things and went in her car too.

"It will all be over one day" she said softly. I just looked out of the window, trying to understand the surroundings. I was still not used to big buildings and so many people.

"My husband has been on a holiday for a few days so Richard will stay with us just in case. My husband doesn't know this so don't tell him, okay?" she asked me. I nodded, not even listening to her. I was looking around, still. I was thinking of the guy that promised me that we were going to do this together. Somewhere that made me excited, but now that I see how it really is, I knew that I shouldn't have been.

"We're here" she said when she opened my door. I looked around and saw no paparazzi. I was relieved, because I didn't want to be scared again. I went out of the car and we went into a building. The building was full of colors. There were toys everywhere and there were a lot of children. I hid behind Savannah, because all the new things that I was seeing was scaring me. My hands started to shake and I felt sweat forming on my forehead and neck. She told me about children just yesterday and seeing so much was so scary, so odd.

"Don't worry, it will be okay" she said when we went into a room. There was Sandra and another woman. They smiled at me but I just stood behind Savannah. They looked at each other before they smiled at Savannah.

"Welcome. This is Naomi, the speech therapist. Sit down, how are you?" they started talking to Savannah but I was not paying any attention to anything they were saying. Basically because I didn't understand it. When Savannah started raising her voice, I started paying attention.

"You have been doing so many tests already. We know that she has a mind of a 14-year-old. We know that her vocabulary and knowledge is not her age. Isn't that enough? Can't we just start with therapy sessions so she will improve?" Savannah said. I could sense how annoyed she was. Her voice would shake a bit and will be higher when she is.

"Look. She is one of a kind. She is the first person to go through this that we have found. Never have we found an abandoned child that has still as much knowledge and development as she has. If we study her, she could give us so much information about this issue. We could write hundreds of books about this. We could find new therapy material. We could earn more money. That will all be gone when we give her therapy because she will improve" Sandra said. I didn't really understand what she meant, but the tone of her didn't suit me. I looked at Savannah, who started to become angry. I grabbed my seat, being scared of what was going to happen..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys so much for reading! I have planned a few new things but I need more time for that. It is something great and I have never done it before so keep an eye on my profile. Next chapter will include a very special handsome guy... if you know who I mean lol