Not coping

It was morning at the bullpen, and Erin was walking in without Jay, he said he had some business to take care of, and Erin wanted to know more, but he gave her little information, which made Erin a little worried.

Morning guys! Erin spoke, as she walked up the stairs.

Yo, Lindsay. they all responded.

No Halstead? Kim asked, as she sat down, with a coffee in her hand.

They all asked the same question, they know Jay is always Late, but always with Erin, something was up.

Uh, he had some business to take care of, I asked, but he gave me little info. Erin shrugged, as she sat down at her desk.

They all understood, but still worried about their best friend.

They all completed their paperwork which Voight said to do, and they all played around, and Laughed, until they either had broke for lunch, or a case.

Lunch came around, and Jay walked in, but he had tears in his eyes, and rolling down his face.

They all stopped, and took notice of Jay walking in, and crying.

Jay? Erin whispered.

They all carried on looking at jay, and he went straight into Voight's office.

What's up with him? Ruzek asked concerned for his friend.

They all shrugged their shoulders, and saw Jay talking to Voight.

Erin kept her eyes trained on the closed door, and logged her computer off, in case she had to go.

Voight heard a big slam of his door, and looked up from his papers, and saw Jay crying his eyes out.

Bud? Voight whispered, as he got up, and walked to the crying detective, who was on the couch.

Jay, Hey what's going on Son? Voight questioned, as he sat down with him, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Voight has always had a soft spot for Jay, he treated him like one of his own, He was the rock for Erin, He built her up when she went down a hole, after Nadia died, and that's what they loved about Jay.

M-My C-Ci I-Is d-dead, a-and i-it's all my f-fault. Jay sobbed.

Hank knew this was a tough spot for Jay, Jay lost Hailey To New York, and Now he has the most kindest, Caring girl Lindsay.

Oh Jay. Voight let Jay cry in his arms, and he stroked his hair softly.

Shh, it's okay buddy, It's not your fault. Voight smiled softly, as the sobbing detective's body shook.

Jay stopped crying, and said thanks to Voight.

T-Thanks, Voight. Jay smiled, as he wiped his eyes.

No problem Kiddo, my doors always open. Hank responded, as he stood up.

But it's closed? Jay spoke sarcastically.

Hank chuckled at Jay's answer, this was the detective he knew.

So it is. Hank laughed.

Jay laughed too, as they both walked out.

The rest of the team, so Jay and Voight, and Erin was relived that Voight could calm him down.

Oh my god, baby are you okay? Erin asked, as she hugged him.

Jay just nodded in response, and looked back to the team, and this made Erin worry.

Erin just took his nod, and sat back down, with her eyes on her phone.

Voight let them all go home, and Adam asked if anyone wants to come Molly's.