insomnia

It was a restless sleep for Jay, as his wife Erin slept peacefully next to him snoring away, today's case was difficult for Jay, it brought back some memories.

Jay got up, and walked downstairs, to make himself a coffee. 

While the kettle boiled, Jay looked at the clock, and It was 4AM, If Jay woke Erin up, He'll get his Ass kicked to the couch, and Erin would ignore him all day. 

"Geez, hope you help me go to sleep". Jay muttered to the kettle. 

The kettle boiled, and poured the hot water into the coffee cup, and drank it. 

Jay settled onto the couch, and watched some Late night shows, as he tried to sleep, but it was impossible. 

It was morning, and Jay was still awake, he heard Erin walking downstairs. 

Erin made it to the lounge, and was shocked to see her tired husband on the couch awake. 

"Um, Morning baby." Erin spoke, as she kissed his temple. 

"Morning." Jay whispered, as he leant into the kiss. 

Erin could sense he didn't sleep at all last night, Last night's case really hit him hard.

"Ready for work bubba?" Erin asked, as she took her gun, and badge. 

Jay finished his 5th cup of coffee, and headed straight to the door, with Erin behind him. 

They locked the door, and walked to the car, so they could drive to work. 

Erin parked in their usual spot, and they both got out, while Erin locked the car, ad made their way up to the bullpen. 

"Morning lovebirds" Adam laughed, as he passed by them, walking over to his desk. 

"Hi All" Erin smiled, as she saw Jay not saying anything, just looking down. 

"Yo. Jay you good?" Kev asked. 

Jay was so out of it, he couldn't remember where he was, he was tired, but couldn't sleep. 

Jay just nodded, and walked to his desk slowly, sat down, and logged on.. 

Erin was worried about her husband, this isn't like him, he's normally bright, and energetic. 

"What's up Jay's ass?" Antonio whispered. 

"No Idea, I don't think he slept last night, found him watching tv, while walking into the lounge. this case really did a number on him." Erin explained, as she sighed. 

They all understood, they knew how jay is with kids, the cases hit him pretty badly. 

"I'll go try make him sleep some." Erin suggested, as she walked over to Jay. 

"Hi baby." Erin made conversation. 

"Hi, you alright? Jay asked, as he rubbed his eyes.

"No". Erin stated simply.

"Oh, why not baby?" Jay questioned. 

"Because, your worrying me, and the unit Jay." Erin explained. 

Jay started sobbing, his head was pounding, and he was so exhausted. 

"Woah, baby it's okay, your okay." Erin shushed gently, as she rocked him softly in her arms. 

"I-I'm so T-Tired." Jay sobbed, in his girl's warm arms. 

"I Know bubba, let's go sleep some in the breakroom." Erin suggested softly. 

Jay just nodded, and let Erin take him up, so they could sleep in the breakroom.

Erin settled down on the couch, and had a pillow on her Lap for Jay to lay on. 

Jay slipped his trainers off, and fell into Erin's Lap, with the pillow supporting his neck, and head. 

"There you go bubba, don't fight it, just go to sleep." Erin soothed. 

After 10 minutes, Jay was asleep, so Erin decided to catch a couple of hours too.

Hi My Readers!!

Hope you enjoyed this part, I'm super tired, so sleep time for me, you can still vote, and comment!!

~Stay Safe!