Chapter 7

The night in Jiangcheng was cold and windy. Xiu Yun's hand was even colder than before, but the concentric knot in his hand made Jian Xun feel warm for no reason.

"...Thank you." Jian Xun responded in a low voice.

Xiu Yun looked at him, his handsome face looked unwavering, but his ears quietly turned red, like a bright color dotted on the treetops in spring, which was particularly touching.

He felt that what he was admiring was definitely a side of the person in front of him that was unknown to outsiders.

Jian Xun held the concentric knot in his hand, clenching it tightly for fear that the thing would get wrinkled and disappoint Xiu Yun, but he would loosen it for fear that it would be thrown away among the crowd and difficult to find again.

For a moment, I didn't even think of hanging it directly on my waist.

Xiu Yun didn't remind him, and felt that his somewhat confused look was very agreeable.

After all, it was something obtained in exchange for a gold ingot. If it worked, it would be worthy of his efforts to memorize those flush cards. 

But this ending can be said to be a happy one. Xiu Yun got a gift to give, Jian Xun got a gift, and the boss kept his gold ingot.

The boss even happily echoed: "A happy marriage will last a hundred years!"

"Let's go." Xiu Yun said softly.

He grabbed Jian Xun's clothes and walked towards another dimly lit street.

There is no curfew in Daqi, but such crowded scenes can only be seen around the Shangyuan period. On weekdays, people are still busy working and have no time to relax and rest.

The crowd was so dense that it seemed as if all the breaths were mixed together. Xiu Yun stopped and said, "It's a little boring." 

Jian Xun looked around after hearing this, then took him into the alley, carried Xiu Yun on his back, mobilized his internal energy, and made a few blows Jumped to the roof again.

Once familiar, Jian Xun's posture on the back is no longer as awkward as before.

The view from a higher place is better. With Xiu Yun on Jian Xun's back, looking towards the market, the prosperity of Jiangcheng can be seen at a glance.

He looked into the street and suddenly asked: "I haven't seen any defenders patrolling the streets along the way. Didn't they say they patrolled the streets before and after the Yuan Dynasty?"

Jian Xun's speed on the roof slowed down, and he followed Xiu Yun's line of sight. The place where the defenders were supposed to be on duty was also empty.

His arms tensed subconsciously.

Xiu Yun was a little hurt by the hoop, but he looked at the top of Jian Xun's hair and said nothing. He only gently stroked his tense neck muscles with his hands, as if he was watching and appeasing an angry beast at the same time.

His expression was dull and a little careless, but his words were doubtful and serious: "Xu Shi are all at the city gate tower. Do you want to go and have a look?" 

"...Hold me tight." Jian Xun responded without saying yes or no. Agreeing, he ran towards the city gate.

There are also several tall buildings at the city gate. I don't know which powerful family built them. They are only six or seven feet shorter than the city gate tower. I don't know how such illegal buildings were built.

Jian Xun stood on the top of the building and looked down. Before and after Shangyuan, people were densely packed, and there were many people coming in and out of the city gate. However, the soldiers guarding the city were obviously impatient, and they often yelled and cursed, as if they were venting their dissatisfaction.