Chapter 91

In late autumn, the news spread like wildfire that the prince was about to return to the court. All the ministers in the court looked forward to the stars and the moon, and finally the ancestor was brought back before the Jiaxing Emperor died of illness.

Led by Panlong's golden-domed carriage, two rows of soldiers from the Royal Forest Army opened the way, with flags flying, the southern patrol convoy entered the gate of the capital in a mighty manner.

The people lined the streets to welcome him, and Prime Minister Pei led a group of officials to greet him at the gate of the East Palace.

The leading general of the Royal Forest Army stopped the motorcade and saluted Pei Xiang from a distance, clasping his fists and saying, "Master Prime Minister, there are more than a thousand members of the Royal Forest Army who escorted His Royal Highness the Crown Prince back to the capital safely. Fortunately, we did not disgrace our orders." 

Prime Minister Pei, dressed in a red official uniform, stood in front of him. A group of officials were directly in front of him. He twirled his beard very reservedly and said, "Thank you, General." 

After the two of them finished greeting each other, no one in the car showed up. Until they arrived at the side of the motorcade, a figure in Tsing Yi approached him. When the horse came over, the awkward atmosphere that was about to become stiff became lively.

When the officials behind Prime Minister Pei saw the young man, they immediately recognized him as the third son of the Pei family, and immediately showered him with compliments one after another.

However, Prime Minister Pei did not feel happy. He vaguely felt that the prince's behavior was intended to give him a blow. Pei Yan walked up to the ministers and smiled politely: "His Royal Highness the prince is worried about your majesty's dragon body, so he will not talk to you." Your Excellency, I am just exchanging greetings here, and I hope you will forgive me."

The young and old of the Pei family looked at each other from a distance of several feet, and there seemed to be a tit-for-tat atmosphere in the silence.

After a while, Prime Minister Pei took the initiative to take a step back with the ministers in the eyes of his youngest son, who was smiling but not smiling. "This is natural." 

The carriage then passed by the ministers and rushed towards the palace.

The ministers who were left behind looked at each other in shock. They really didn't expect that His Highness the Crown Prince, who had always been kind and courteous to his ministers, would now be so tough and treat them as nothing.

Faintly, everyone had a premonition that the storm was coming, and they couldn't help but feel panic in their hearts. The crown prince's ascension to the throne was a foregone conclusion. Will officials like them who used to be indifferent to the prince still have a chance to succeed?

The noisy and noisy people could not disturb the people in the carriage.

There was a faint smile on Ning Xiuyun's lips. At his hand was a piece of silk paper with a bunch of vitriol written on it. A blue-feathered pigeon was pacing on the table at his hand.

Jian Xun recently sent him a letter, and the content became more and more outrageous. He did not dare to open it when outsiders were around.

This one says: "I put a bell on my wrist, and he said he missed you."

What bell? How could he know? It must have nothing to do with the one he wore that night.

Ning Xiuyun wrote a joke at his desk: "Let the bell play with you."