Chapter 8

Xiu Yun closed the window, turned around, walked to the table and sat down, taking out the waist badge Jian Xun gave him and looking at it carefully.

The iron waist tag has a gold-plated word "Fu" in the middle. The waist tag looks a little worn, and it has obviously been worn closely by someone for a long time.

"Fu..." Xiu Yun murmured softly.

Thinking of what Jian Xun said, "Master Fu, the governor of Jiangcheng County," Xiu Yun could guess the origin of this waist card.

Fu Rushen, the governor of Jiangcheng County, was born as a local commoner in Jiangcheng. Seventeen years ago, he passed the rank of scholar. At a time when he was in high spirits, he was recommended by Emperor Jiaxing to return to Jiangcheng as the county governor directly after the imperial examination.

The former number one scholar is now a poor county governor struggling to survive among the powerful families in Jiangcheng.

However, being able to serve as a county guard for so many years in a place like Jiangcheng, where the forces are deeply entangled, shows that Fu Rushen is also a smooth person.

Just as Xiu Yun was thinking about it, Shen San's respectful words came from outside the door: "Master?"

He put his badge on the table and responded: "Come in."

The door hinge turned with a soft sound, and Shen San walked away with dinner in his hand. Come in.

It's the same light dishes as usual, but the portions are a bit larger than during the day.

Xiuyun had eaten some food all day long, but had not had any water until now.

Shen San took out the dishes to serve Xiu Yun while reporting the results of today's guard camp: "Sir, the people sent to investigate Xuan Qing Temple have also returned. The account books found in the temple are true." Xiu Yun placed a hand

on He tapped his fingers lightly on the table, which was a habit he used to do when he was thinking.

That account book was something that Xiuyun sent people to search during the search after Jian Xun left on the night of the bloody massacre of Xuan Qing Temple. It recorded the numerous crimes committed by the leader of Xuan Qing Temple in collusion with Jiangcheng's dignitaries over the years.

Collaboration, corruption, misappropriation of fertile land, and monopolization of markets, these crimes that would be punished under the laws of Daqi are even as light as a feather, at least they are just for money and power.

But the other item is a blood debt that cannot be repaid no matter what.

There is a prayer list in the account book. In addition to the servants sent by Zui Feng Tower, there are also servants sent by aristocratic families and even orphans deceived from surrounding counties.

The master of Xuanqing Temple will say that they were selected by gods and Buddhas and went to the mountain to practice, but then there was no news.

In fact, all of them, without exception, were tortured and killed in the dungeon of the temple by the master of Xuanqing Temple together with a group of dressed beasts in the name of sacrifice.

The account books even compared living people to live sheep, and recorded which part was bought and sacrificed to the gods just like a butcher's transaction.

When the people from the guard camp opened the dungeon door, a strong smell of blood hit their faces, and the masonry inside was even stained dark red by old blood.

An understatement in the account book is the poor man who died unjustly under Xuan Qing's watch.

Jian Xun may only know the most superficial details, that those who were sent to Xuan Qing Temple died miserably, but he doesn't know in what manner they died tragically and how they were humiliated both before and after life.