Extra 3

The snow in Sanrong City has almost melted in three days, and the Rangers are preparing to break camp and return to the capital.

As the New Year is approaching, Chengdu is much busier than usual. The warm atmosphere of the New Year is rushing towards our faces. Even if we are a ranger who calls home from all over the world, it is inevitable to feel homesick.

However, the treatment of the Rangers has always been good. Thanks to the enlightened policies of Master Jijiu, the military advisor, the salary of the soldiers in the Rangers far exceeds that of any other army in Daqi.

This time Ning Xiuyun also arranged for Shen Qi to purchase a batch of supplies in Chengdu, specially distributed to the soldiers as compensation for the winter march.

At the army camp outside Rongcheng, cartloads of cotton quilts and cloth were transported, and special logistics troops were arranging their distribution. The scene was very lively for a while.

Ning Xiuyun rested in the carriage and fell into a deep sleep, his face unable to conceal his tiredness.

Jian Xunlue tucked his lover under the quilt with some guilt, fearing that he would catch cold.

Jian Xun was once bitten by a snake and was afraid of well ropes for ten years. After being ignored by his Majesty for half a month, he seemed to be a glutton for food in the next few days. During the few days he stayed at the inn, he treated Ning Xiuyun being overly demanding.

Ning Xiuyun also felt a little guilty for venting his frustration to Jian Xun. He asked for everything without saying a word "no", so he couldn't get out of bed this morning.

Jian Xun got off the carriage and stood by, looking at the team distributing subsidies from a distance, wondering how much time was left to return to Beijing.

The situation in the southeast has just stabilized. Jian Xun sent one of his young generals to station there. Ning Chuqing's Southern Xinjiang Army is taking care of the southeast, so there won't be any problems in the short term.

But even so, they had been delayed in the southeast for too long. It was already early winter when the Rangers set off from the southeast. This inevitable winter march would probably last for more than half a month.

Jian Xun planned out the next marching route in his mind. Just as he was thinking about it, he saw Shen Qi sneakily carrying a baggage and getting off another carriage that contained Ning Xiuyun's luggage.

His expression showed a rare panic, as if he had killed someone by mistake and was about to destroy the body and eliminate all traces.

Jian Xun caught a sharp glimpse of her, and his intuition told him that something was wrong, so he immediately stepped forward and raised his hand to stop Shen Qi.

Shen Qi was startled, but when she looked up and saw Jian Xun, she breathed a sigh of relief unconsciously.

Also, there were only a few people in Daqi who could come up behind her quietly, and only Jian Xun in the Ranger Army had this ability.

"It's you, General." Shen Qi's hand holding the bundle loosened slightly.

Jian Xun asked doubtfully: "What is inside?"

Shen Qi said with some embarrassment: "It was something given to His Majesty by Young Master Yuchi when he was in Jiangcheng. Your Majesty asked me to get rid of it. I was too busy the past few days, so I put this matter aside I forgot about it."

Shen Qi looked around and spoke to him without even a single explanation about what was in the baggage.

What can Yu Chifeng give to Ning Xiuyun?