Chapter 72

Ning Xiuyun didn't seem to see Ning Chuqing's fearful expression. He hinted: "Fifth brother, do you still remember what I said before? If Jian Xun is with me, he will be no more than an imperial guard at most, but That's not necessarily the case on the battlefield."

The veins on Ning Chuqing's forehead twitched. Even though the tense nerves in his heart were yelling at him to be wary of the prince, the relationship between the two when they got off the carriage, Ning Xiuyun's words were all... inevitably affected him.

So much so that it came up in his mind untimely at this time, and he couldn't help but think that the prince might not care about the military power of Southern Xinjiang at all, and wanted to throw his personal guards into the Southern Xinjiang army, just hoping to give Jian Xun a good chance in the future.

If the prince is with an imperial guard, he will inevitably be criticized by others, and outsiders may even think that Jian only got to that position after looking for a seductress.

But if Jian Xun was a young general who could go into battle to kill enemies or even make a name for himself, the relationship between the two of them could still be considered a romantic affair, and it wouldn't be so easy for someone to stab him in the back.

Ning Chuqing's expression was tangled, and the prince acted so calmly, making his many suspicions seem like he was judging a gentleman with a villain's heart.

Seeing Ning Chuqing's hesitation, Ning Xiuyun certainly didn't mind giving him another reassurance. He said: "Fifth brother, don't worry, I know myself. I don't have any talent when it comes to marching and fighting. Southern Xinjiang should be together Leave it to Fifth Brother."

This is not because Ning Xiuyun is being modest. After all, he grew up in a peaceful era. Even if he has read military books, he only has some theoretical knowledge and does not have any detailed research on the art of war.

When it comes to using strategies to achieve goals, he must be a leader. However, the military situation on the battlefield changes rapidly. Understanding and figuring out military situations, how to use troops, and how to deal with emergencies are rare knowledge blind spots for Ning Xiuyun. .

Ning Xiuyun believed that he had no talent as a general, nor did Ning Chuqing have many years of experience in guarding the border. Naturally, he would not be arrogant and think that he could casually replace Ning Chuqing's position in southern Xinjiang.

He does have the ability to trick Ning Chuqing into asking him to voluntarily hand over the military power in Southern Xinjiang, but what about after he gets the military power in Southern Xinjiang? Who can guard Southern Xinjiang like an iron wall like Ning Chuqing?

If Jian Xun had practiced on the battlefield for a few more years, he might still have a chance, but it was far from enough now.

So Ning Xiuyun has put his true purpose in front of Ning Chuqing, it just depends on whether Ning Chuqing is willing to sell him a favor.

Ning Xiuyun's timely show of weakness and retreat brought Ning Chuqing's vigilance to its lowest point.

In Ning Chuqing's heart, apart from his family, only Southern Xinjiang was the most important. He was not greedy for power, but he did not want Southern Xinjiang to be invaded by foreign tribes and fall into the flames of war.

If the prince has no interest in southern Xinjiang, Ning Chuqing certainly wouldn't mind doing a small favor for the prince.

But there are some things that he must tell in advance to His Highness the Crown Prince, who has never seen the cruelty of the battlefield: "I understand what Your Highness means, but the sword has no eyes on the battlefield. Going there may be life-threatening. Even so, His Highness also hopes that Will Mr. Jian join the Southern Xinjiang Army?"