Chapter 25

Shen San and Pei Yan left the carriage one after another and stood side by side beside the prince's carriage.

It was the first time that the two celebrities next to the prince talked face to face like this. This scene was really strange, and many people secretly glanced at them.

If the two break up on bad terms today, there will be rumors of competing for "favor" tomorrow.

There are already enough rumors related to Pei Yan in the motorcade. Pei Sanlang was shameless before and was just putting on a show for the current Crown Prince. If he gets into another conflict over a mere guard and makes people laugh at him behind his back, it will really be more of a loss than a gain.

So Pei Yan turned around and complimented: "Commander Shen is on official business now, so there is no need to send him off. It is better to report the relevant matters to His Highness the Crown Prince."

Shen San climbed up from the bottom step by step. He had never heard any derogatory or taunting words in his early years. The yin and yang that faced Pei Yan now did not arouse the anger as the other party expected.

On the contrary, he smiled heartily and said with a kind expression: "Pei Sanlang taught you the lesson, it was indeed my negligence. But Pei Sanlang is well-informed, and even after recovering from a serious illness, he still makes suggestions for His Royal Highness. Shen really admires him." 

It was just his words. The action of pressing the handle of the knife with one hand looked very threatening, as if he might pull out the blade and point it at Pei Yan at any time.

Even if Pei Yan is in decline now, there are still many people in the team who listen to him. It is not difficult to know the news that Fu Rushen has sent to the team. According to his past temper, if the prince had not taken the initiative to ask for advice, he would never have rushed there on his own to come forward.

What he is doing now is clearly stimulated by the current situation.

It can be seen that the name "Shen San" is not so pleasant to Pei Yan's ears.

Pei Yan smiled like a spring breeze, as if he didn't know that his poisoning was related to the person in front of him. He said: "I just did my duty. Instead of caring about me, Commander Shen should care about himself." 

For a subordinate who looks up to others, it is said that being suspected by the superior is a taboo.

Shen San has just taken over, so he probably doesn't understand this yet. He is so arrogant, and he doesn't know how he will die in the future.

What a coincidence, Shen San couldn't understand Pei Yan's aloof attitude towards His Highness the Crown Prince. He used to be indifferent to him, but now he takes the initiative to get in touch with him at the first sign of being abandoned. He is really flexible and adaptable.

"Pei Sanlang, walk slowly."

"Commander Shen, please lead me back."

The two looked at each other for a few seconds, smiled politely, and at the moment they turned around, they tacitly cursed in their hearts: "Idiot."

Pei Yandai said. As he walked away with his attendants, his car was driving at the edge of the motorcade. His Highness the Prince sent him there in order to let him recover well, saying it was quiet there.

Now that I think about it, I'm afraid it wasn't because the prince didn't want to see him.

Do you not want to see him, or are you afraid of seeing him?

Pei Yan's emotions are always restrained. Even if he occasionally has sharp teeth and sharp mouth, no one will notice the darkness in his heart.

The calmer and indifferent Pei Yan behaves, the more it shows that the negative emotions in his heart are on the verge of bursting.