Chapter 39

Ning Xiuyun reached out and asked the guard behind him for a bag of corn. While looking at the writing on the silk paper, he fed the little peacock.

This piece of silk paper is wrinkled, as if it has been unfolded and folded many times, and so on.

Even the four words on the paper are of different shades, with the first two obviously being filled in later.

With a thought in her mind, Ning Xiuyun walked to the door of Jian Xun's bedroom and reached out to push the door open.

He guessed that this person must have struggled for a long time last night before finally choosing this one. Ning Xiuyun also wanted to see others.

But the moment before pushing the door open, he suddenly stopped.

Words are sometimes very scarce, and no matter how beautiful the words are, they can't compare to "I miss you too."

never mind.

Rather than looking at those discarded pieces of paper, he now wanted to see Jian Xun himself.

Just as he was about to ask the guard behind him when Jian Xun would be back, he saw Shen Qi hurriedly entering the east courtyard.

There was a bit of resentment on Shen Qi's face, and she seemed to be angry. She said: "Your Highness, Jiang Xingsong has left the Prince's Mansion on the pretext of preparing for tomorrow's hunt."

Shen Qi is also a person who has seen the world. There are countless local dignitaries, but none of them are as disrespectful as Jiang Xingsong. Do you really think that you are the local emperor of Jiangcheng?

If it hadn't been for His Highness the Crown Prince's warning in advance, Shen Qi would have almost ordered Jiang Xingsong to be executed on the spot.

Ning Xiuyun was not angry when he heard this. He touched the feathers of the little peacock and asked, "The hunt has been scheduled for tomorrow?"

Only then did Shen Qi realize that she originally wanted to come back and tell His Highness the news. As a result, as soon as he entered the main hall, she saw Jiang Xingsong bossing around his colleagues.

In the heat of the moment, I almost forgot about serious matters.

Shen Qi calmed down and said, "Yes. Time is a bit tight. I'm afraid Mr. Jian will be watching over there today." 

Ning Xiuyun rubbed his hands and accidentally rubbed off a feather of the little peacock.

The blue-feathered pigeon raised its beady eyes blankly, feeling a little chilly on its body, and fluttered its wings and flew out from Ning Xiuyun's arms.

Ning Xiuyun threw the corn to the guard behind him and said, "I know."

His words were cold and calm, but Shen Qi felt a chill running down his spine.

She observed the words and comforted her: "This is also a good thing. The people preparing for the hunt are basically people from the garrison camp. Mr. Jian keeps an eye on it for His Highness, which can be regarded as accumulating prestige in the garrison camp in advance." 

Ning Xiuyun said inexplicably: "He is again If you don't enter the military camp, what's the use of this prestige."

The whole mess of the military camp, I don't know which unlucky guy will take over in the future, anyway, it won't be Jian Xun.

Shen Qi was stunned for a moment, not expecting the prince to say this.

When taking over the task of dealing with Han Lin, Shen Qi thought that the prince had killed Han Lin in advance just to make room for Jian Xun.