Extra 5

Pei Yan's expression was distorted for a while, and he retorted dryly: "Your Majesty, don't be joking. I have launched an army to strengthen my horses, so there is no need to use a peace strategy like marriage. The Tuoba tribe is not afraid at all. What's more, now is In winter, when the North is at its weakest, do you think that when the Rangers return to Beijing, they are pointing their swords at the North?" 

"Oh?" After hearing what he said, Ning Xiuyun shook his head with pretense of regret and said, "I am here In the eyes of Prime Minister Pei, is he such a merciless person? The southeast has just been pacified, and the ranger army's vitality is severely damaged. How can there be confidence to march north again?" Pei Yan choked again. The great victory in the southeast hindered

Ning Xiuyun's return to the court. But there is no doubt that when Pei Yan just received the good news, he was so agitated that he could not calm down for a long time.

When the southwest was captured by Ning Chuqing, Pei Yan was at best a bystander, but in this Eastern Expedition, he put in a lot of effort to stabilize the Daqi court in the rear, so that the Rangers had no worries.

When Ning Xiuyun mentioned the incident in the southeast at this time, he was hinting that there was a reason for everything, so why worry about it too much.

Pei Yan took a deep breath with some frustration and wisely stopped making any excuses.

Ning Xiuyun didn't like outsiders trying to figure out his thoughts, especially someone with a high position like Pei Yan. He had to stop him even if he didn't see good things, otherwise he would always be scolded to pieces by the emperor, both openly and covertly, in a verbal argument.

Prime Minister Pei slowly pulled his lips, formed a perfect fake smile, and echoed: "What your Majesty said is absolutely true."

Ning Xiuyun was also a little surprised. He didn't expect Pei Yan to give in so quickly now. The sense of accomplishment is much lower.

When he first proposed to the other party that he would travel with the Rangers to Daqi in the future, Pei Yan was so angry that he argued with him for two hours.

At that time, Prime Minister Pei, who had just taken office, quoted scriptures and made long speeches, just to let Ning Xiuyun stay in the capital and become an emperor who would be famous throughout the ages.

It's a pity that Ning Xiuyun doesn't have the throne in his heart at all, only the one named Jian who lives far away in Jiangcheng.

Pei Yan had a cold nature, and was most unreasonable. He could not understand Ning Xiuyun's thoughts at all, and the two were in a stalemate for a long time.

Ning Xiuyun spent a lot of effort to let Pei Yan stay in the capital to work as a coolie and to accept Ning Xuan as his student.

Later, he caught Pei Yan's weakness and learned that Pei Yan was at odds with the Pei family and had been controlled by his cheap father for many years.

Ning Xiuyun helped Pei Yan cut ties with the Pei family. Faced with the risk of being scolded by the courtiers, he forced Pei Yan to sever ties with his father.

Pei Yan has since left home. In the first year, both of them were stabbed in the back behind their backs.

But when Ning Xiuyun delegated power to Pei Yan and Prime Minister Pei made drastic changes in the court, there were not many people who dared to talk about the old affairs of the Pei family behind his back.

Pei Yan owed Ning Xiuyun a favor and recognized the other party's plan to escape from a serious illness while pinching his nose.

Pei Yan has gradually gotten used to being oppressed by Ning Xiuyun so many times.