Chapter 24

There are many people in the southern patrol team, and there are many people jostling each other, but they hardly show it openly. After all, they can't afford to lose that person.

It's a pity that there are always one or two shameless people in this circle.

So Ning Xiuyun had just sat down on the soft couch of the carriage when he heard the announcement from Pei Yan asking to see him.

"Your Highness, look..." Shen San asked in a low voice, somewhat unsure of His Royal Highness's attitude towards this companion.

Ning Xiuyun put one hand on his cheek. He had not slept all night. He was inevitably a little sleepy. He really didn't want to see anyone, so he asked Shen San to send them away.

However, after a while, Shen San came back with a helpless look and reported: "Your Highness, Mr. Pei said that Your Highness did not see him today, so he stayed in front of the carriage door and refused to leave." Ning Xiuyun was sleeping with his eyes closed, but now he opened his eyes slightly, after thinking for a moment, he chuckled: "Pei Yan... is a bit interesting."

He continued to ask: "Did Pei Yan ask about the cause of his illness while he was ill? Did he have any doubts after he recovered?"

Shen San recalled for a few seconds and replied: "No. . If His Highness doesn't want to see Mr. Pei, it's okay to let him stand for a while. That small amount of medicine will not leave any sequelae."

However, Ning Xiuyun looked up at him and laughed at his naivety: "Then he will stand until the end of the world."

Shen San was puzzled at first, but after a moment he vaguely realized something.

Pei Yan was poisoned by a poison specially prepared by a poison expert in the guard camp. The person who uses traditional Chinese medicine will become depressed, drowsy, and slow in thinking. It may be difficult for Pei Yan to realize that he is being plotted during the period of poisoning, but after the remaining poison is dissipated, based on this person's If you are smart, it is impossible not to know that there is something fishy about it.

But Pei Yan didn't mention a word.

This shows that Pei Yan knew that it was the prince's order and he could not disobey it and could only passively accept it.

Recalling that the convoy accelerated because of Pei Yan, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince said that Shen Wu had been exposed. Shen San hesitated and asked: "Master Pei comes here every day, is it for..." "To test who is sitting in the carriage.

He Since I said I won't leave today, I know that the person in the carriage is not a puppet, and I also know that I will definitely meet him." Ning Xiuyun was also very curious about the prince accompanying him in the book.

The book says that Pei Yan was well versed in poetry, politics, economics, strategic theory, and military tactics. It is not an exaggeration to say that he knew astronomy and geography. He was always talented. He was three years older than the current prince Ning Yuanxu and two years older. The relationship between people is like brothers and friends, but it is not like kings and ministers.

Because no matter how meek and harmless Pei Yan behaves, as if everything is for the prince's sake, it can't change one thing - he doesn't recognize Ning Yuan, the future monarch.

He would agree to stay with the original owner simply because his father Pei Wenzhi told him that Emperor Jiaxing never planned to depose the prince. Only by being a confidant of the prince could Pei Yan continue the glory of the Pei family and follow the same path as his father. , sit in the seat that you will think about again in the future.