Chapter 92

Jian Xun separated from his lover in late autumn. There was no solemn farewell between them. Only one sunny afternoon, Jian Xun sent Ning Xiuyun's carriage out of the city and followed the convoy returning to the court.

From then on, Jian Xun took over the task of Jiangcheng's garrison, recruiting troops and horses, and cleaning up the garrison camp that was originally a puddle of mud.

The only contact between them was the little peacock who gradually returned to his duties, traveling between Jiangcheng and the Southern Patrol Team.

Since Lan Fei Ge left Zhuangzi's hometown, it was the first time that he was working so intensively. All the fat that Shen Wu had raised for him was quickly consumed.

When Jian Xun occasionally wrote a letter, when he looked into the little peacock's beady eyes, he always felt that there was a hint of resentment hidden in them.

But he had to write the letter, so he could only add some food to the tired little peacock.

At the end of October, the prince's car arrived in the capital, and Ning Xiuyun sent people to send the medicinal materials taken from Emperor Jiaxing's private treasury to southern Xinjiang.

At the end of November, news of the death of Emperor Jiaxing spread throughout Daqi, and everyone knew that Prince Ning Yuan was about to ascend the throne and proclaim himself emperor.

In December, Ning Chuqing, the southwest guard general and the fifth prince of the current dynasty, wrote a petition, saying that the southwest border needed someone to guard it, and requested that he never be crowned king.

In January of the following year, Prince Ning Yuan ascended the throne and proclaimed himself emperor, and made Ning Chuqing's son Ning Xuan the crown prince.

During this period, Ning Xiuyun said many times in his letters to wait, which made Jian Xun unable to help but wonder how dangerous the situation in the capital was, and became worried.

Ning Xiuyun laughed at him in his next reply, saying that at this time he should be wondering whether he was greedy for power, whether he was perfunctory and prevaricating, and whether he no longer wanted him.

Jian Xun said in the letter, I believe in you.

Jian Xun believed in Ning Xiuyun's promise and believed that his lover would come back to find him, so he did not slack off even when they were separated from each other. He practiced martial arts and soldiers, and worked hard to get closer to the beautiful vision Ning Xiuyun once said. Even Ning Xiuyun He would also read the books that Xiu Yun liked to read.

He can only fill his life with busy affairs in order to pass the days when his lover is not around, and can only feel comfort when the little peacock sends a letter.

Until the end of March of the following year, Ning Xiuyun still had no intention of returning to Jiangcheng.

Even if the civil officials were united by Pei Yan and the military commanders were led by Ning Chuqing, it would still be very difficult for Ning Xiuyun to overcome all opinions and make Ning Xuan the crown prince.

Since he ascended the throne, he has been dealing with the remaining forces left by Emperor Jiaxing. As long as the court is thoroughly cleaned, Ning Xiuyun can temporarily put aside his burden and return to Jiangcheng to see Jian Xun.

There was one thing that Jian Xun and Gu Nianning Xiuyun were busy with, so they didn't tell each other.

——He is about to be crowned.

Jian Xun's birthday is in April, and on April 11th, he will be twenty years old and about to reach his prime.

April was when the cold winter ended and warm spring arrived. Since Ning Xiuyun was not around, Jian Xun didn't take the crown ceremony to his heart.