Chapter 69

There is a reason for the good business of this inn. The price of accommodation is a bit expensive and not affordable for ordinary people, but the service level is first-rate and the environment is also very good. Even the corridors are spotless.

When we arrived at the reserved room, the waiter opened the door, and a light aroma of incense filled the room.

The room Ning Xiuyun wanted was very spacious. The only problem was that there was only one bed in the room, which was just right for two people, but it would be too crowded if there was a child in the middle.

Jian Xun frowned and consciously allocated his position to several chairs at the table.

The waiter also noticed this slightly embarrassing situation and was very considerate: "Do you need an extra set of quilts? It's only thirty cents a night." 

Jian Xun took out his money bag to pay the bill, and Ning Xiuyun hugged Ning Xuan Go to the bed, unfold the quilt with one hand, put the soft pillow in place, and put Ning Xuan on the bed.

The child finally fell asleep peacefully after touching the bed, and Ning Xiuyun was able to free his cuffs from his hands.

Ning Xiuyun covered Ning Xuan with a quilt and turned around to see Jian Xun walking in with a newly rented quilt and temporarily placing it on a chair.

Ning Xiuyun walked to the window and opened a gap. The window faced the street. Looking down, he could see well-equipped soldiers from southern Xinjiang on the street. The leader of the soldiers was holding a portrait in his hand. I was going from stall to stall asking if anyone had seen it.

He estimated that this group of soldiers was unlikely to search the entire Yunwu Town. The first reason was that the town was quite large and was the gateway from southern Xinjiang to Jiangcheng. Jiangcheng was prosperous and there were many people traveling between the two places. An interrogation might cause panic.

The second reason is that there is not enough time. The distance between Jiangcheng and Southern Xinjiang is not far. The Prince's southern patrol convoy will arrive here in the near future. It will not even take a day. It is impossible for the Southern Xinjiang Army to invade Nanjiang for reasons that cannot be explained clearly. The patrol team was blocked outside southern Xinjiang and was not allowed to enter.

That is tantamount to disobeying the decree, unless Ning Chuqing is desperate for her life and really wants to commit such an act of rebellion.

Most likely, the Southern Xinjiang Army will choose some places to focus on investigation, such as inns, medical clinics, carriage and horse shops, etc.

The two thieves were driving a carriage, and one of them was injured. It is very likely that he had been to these places.

There was a sound of footsteps beside him, and Jian Xun walked to his side.

Ning Xiuyun asked, "Can you see clearly?"

The distance was a bit far, and when Ning Xiuyun looked at it from this angle, the faces in the painting were very blurry.

Jian Xun only took a glance and recognized the person in the portrait: "It's the woman in the carriage." 

"It seems that the Southern Xinjiang Army is indeed here to find Ning Xuan." Ning Xiuyun said firmly.

Jian Xun turned around and glanced at Ning Xuan, who was sleeping soundly on the bed, and asked, "Master, are you going to send him directly back to the general's mansion?"

Ning Xiuyun glanced at him and said with a smile, "Huh? I'm like the kind of warm-hearted uncle. Well, it's common for people in the royal family to be wary of each other and fight each other. Maybe I just want to use Ning Xuan as a bargaining chip?"