Chapter 48

Pei Yan clenched his fists. He didn't expect that the prince would still play riddles with him here.

"Your Highness, why are you so secretive? Your Highness has been waiting in the camp for so long. Your Highness will definitely not let him down, right?" Pei Yan loosened his hand, regained his calm smile, and asked softly.

Ning Xiuyun also faked a smile: "Pei Qing is smart and wise. Even if you don't say it, Pei Qing can guess the cause and effect."

The two looked at each other for a moment, and Pei Yan saluted: "Thank you for the compliment, Your Highness."

He said He said thank you, but there was no hint of compliment in his actions, and he left in a hurry.

"Wei Chen excuses himself."

As the words fell, the curtain at the door suddenly fell.

Even though Pei Yan's behavior was a bit wanton, the prince didn't say anything and the guards guarding the door didn't stop him.

On the other hand, Shen Qi, who was pouring tea for the prince, looked angry and immediately said: "Your Highness, Pei Yan is so rude, do you need my subordinates to teach him a lesson?" Last time, the guard camp was able to bring

Pei Yan down without anyone noticing. After letting him lie on the bed for half a month, there was no reason why he couldn't do the same thing again.

Ning Xiuyun waved his hand and said, "No need."

Ning Xiuyun didn't care about Pei Yan's attitude. Pei Yan's behavior was more incompetent and angry than rude.

From the moment Pei Yan was first driven by curiosity to stay and help him cover up, the other party was destined to have this fate.

However, after being set up by him like this, it would be difficult to use Pei Yan as a shield later.

Ning Xiuyun sighed with regret.

Shen Qi put the hot tea on the low table, looked at the sleeping boy over there, and couldn't help but ask: "Do you want to restrict the people around Pei Yan, in case he sends someone to investigate..." 

Ning Xiuyun shook his head and said: "With Pei Yan's intelligence, he can figure it out on his own without probing."

Ning Xiuyun's praise just now was not entirely yin and yang. Of course he knew how sharp Pei Yan was. As soon as the banditry was announced, Pei Yan would You can deduce the origin of the dragon.

This matter had to be announced, but in what form and when it would be announced, Ning Xiuyun still needed to think carefully.

Ning Xiuyun picked up the teacup, skimmed off the foam, took a sip, and said, "Send people into the mountain to investigate. Don't alert the snake."

Shen Qi responded, "I understand."

"And." Ning Xiu Yun put the teacup back on the table and warned in a serious tone: "Tell the people sent out that life comes first at critical moments. Just find out a rough idea." 

There are only a hundred people left in the guard camp, and everyone is looking at Ning Xiuyun. Everything was very important. He always cherished his feathers. The suppression of bandits was an internal matter in Jiangcheng. There was no reason to fill it in with his people. Ning Xiuyun did not want any casualties in the escort battalion during this banditry attack.

Shen Qi felt warm in his heart and said, "Thank you, Your Majesty, for your thoughtfulness. I will certainly live up to His Majesty 's trust."

When Shen Qi selected people to go into the mountain to investigate, Jian Xun went to Master Fu's camp, and Fu Jing was indeed here.