Chapter 43

The location of Lijia Village is a bit remote. It is not on the main mountain road of Xishan Mountain. Instead, it follows the tributaries of the river and settles near the plain a little further away.

Probably because of its remote location and not close to the main city of Jiangcheng, Lijia Village is obviously more than twice the size of an ordinary village. If you stand at the entrance of the village and take a quick look, you can see that there are only about a dozen households.

The houses are somewhat dilapidated and the fields in the village are not growing well. I don't know if it's because the land is relatively barren.

Ning Xiuyun and Jian Xun rode their horses to stop at the entrance of the village. Looking up, among the rows of houses, there were women and children drying wild vegetables, washing and cooking. Young children chased and played with each other, and occasionally they heard laughter and curses.

A peaceful scene.

Ning Xiuyun glanced down at the fields where rice was planted. The rice was diseased and crooked, the leaf tips were a little withered and yellow, the root system was dry and hard, and the loess was slightly cracked with a few gaps.

It seems to be caused by lack of water? Looking around again, I found that there seemed to be no drains in the village.

There were also farmers tending crops in the fields. Rows of chickens and ducks were strolling among the rice fields. Several men were carrying farm tools and preparing to return home. After walking a few steps, they spotted two outsiders at the entrance of the village.

Jian Xun also noticed the person coming. He dismounted, held the reins, and took the reins from the prince's hand.

Jian Xun's original intention was to slowly lead the horse into the village, while His Majesty the Crown Prince could sit peacefully. Before leaving, Shen Qiqian gave many instructions.

But as soon as Ning Xiuyun's hand was empty, he felt a little uncomfortable and dismounted.

At this moment, a man carrying farm tools approached. The leader smiled brightly and said, "Where are you two from? Where are you going?" 

Jian Xun was about to speak, but was grabbed by Ning Xiuyun in his sleeves.

How could Ning Xiuyun dare to let an honest man like Jian Xun make up a story? He didn't know what excuses he would come up with, so he stepped forward and stood side by side with Jian Xun and replied: "We brothers came out from Jiangcheng. I got lost in the Western Mountains, and I finally found my way out. I don't know where this is...? Our brothers are preparing to go to southern Xinjiang, and we don't know which direction to go?"

The man said: "This is Lijia Village. Going out from the south of the village, passing through a swamp and wilderness, is the main city of Southern Xinjiang."

Ning Xiuyun nodded and said with some embarrassment: "We brothers have been walking for half a day . I haven't entered yet, I wonder if I can rest in the village for a few days?"

The man scratched his head and hesitated: "Of course it is possible, if the two young masters don't mind it."

Ning Xiuyun and Jian Xun The clothes he wore were exquisitely made and looked like they were made of the finest materials. Even the hairpin on Ning Xiuyun's bun exuded a sense of luxury.

It is indeed wealth that can be seen at a glance. The man hesitated only because: "There have been no outsiders in the village for a long time, and I don't know which family can take in two of them..." 

Ning Xiuyun tugged on Jian Xun's sleeves, Jian Xun understood, and then He took out the money bag from his arms and said, "I wonder if eldest brother can give up his love and let us beg for some water and rice?"