Chapter 87

After Ning Xiuyun revealed all his expectations for Ning Xuan, Jian Xun finally let go of his heart and stopped mentioning the prince's future concubines. He even looked forward to Ning Xuan's return.

However, that afternoon, Ning Xuan did not come to the temporary prince's residence again, which probably meant that the negotiation between the child and his mother failed.

Ning Xiuyun accepted this well, and Jian Xun no longer doubted the outcome of the matter because of the prince's previous warning in the courtyard.

The two of them waited and waited, and finally heard the news from the General's Mansion in the evening one day later.

——Ning Xuan is sick.

When Shen Qi came to report, the two of them were sitting on the low couch.

Jian Xun was trying to figure out the endgame on the chessboard, while Ning Xiuyun was leaning on Jian Xun and reading a book. He had already finished reading the Daqi Law, and this was the new Daqi Ritual System.

When Ning Xiuyun heard the news, he put down the book in his hand and asked, "The general's wife came here to invite the imperial doctor?"

Ning Xiuyun did not send a guard battalion to keep an eye on the general's mansion. Shen Qi could know such news, probably Ning Xuan The situation is not very good, and the ones with the highest medical skills in Southern Xinjiang City are the several imperial doctors here in Ning Xiuyun.

Shen Qi nodded: "Yes. Dr. Xiao has been there for half an hour, and there is no news yet. It seems that His Highness's condition is very difficult."

Ning Xiuyun groaned, turned over, and pulled Jian Xun beside him: "Go. Take a look."

"Shen Qi, prepare some condolences." Ning Xiuyun ordered.

Ning Xuan is seriously ill, and as an uncle, he should go visit him both emotionally and logically.

Jian Xun put the mess aside and followed Ning Xiuyun to change into clothes for going out. Seeing Ning Xiuyun frowning, he comforted him: "Ning Xuan is just weak. He got over his illness before. He will be fine."

The mortality rate of children in this era is actually very high. Children's bodies are not as strong as adults, and a small illness may be fatal. What's more, Ning Xuan is born with a weak body, and the probability of accidents is higher. It's no wonder that Ning Xiuyun is worried.

Ning Xiuyun sighed, "Yes, he is weak..."

The meaning of his words was unclear, and Jian Xun failed to realize the deeper meaning. He tucked Ning Xiuyun's collar, picked up the condolence gifts prepared by Shen Qi, and the two of them immediately went to the general's mansion.

The General's Mansion was a bit chaotic at this time, busy from top to bottom, and even the concierge's face showed an anxious look.

It can be seen that the servants of the General's Mansion also truly care for this young master.

Ning Xiuyun and Jian Xun were led by the concierge towards the main courtyard of the mansion.

Ning Xiuyun asked, "Did Ning Xuan often get sick before?"

The concierge nodded with worry: "That's right, when Madam was pregnant with the young master, the general was fighting on the front line. That battle was extremely dangerous, and Madam was worried day and night. So much so that the young master was born with a weak fetus and often got seriously ill before he was three years old, and almost didn't survive several times."

Ning Xiuyun understood.

No wonder the general's wife paid so much attention to Ning Xuan and even restricted Ning Xuan's freedom. For such a fragile child like glass, the general's wife could only be more careful to prevent him from dying prematurely.