Chapter 59

The air seemed to be stagnant for a few seconds. Marquis Jingxuan's expression was blank. His proud and clever brain could not understand the meaning of the prince's words.

Why does he want Jian Xun?

Jian Xun is now the crown prince's personal guard and follows him around, how else can he "want" him?

Could it be that...the prince is interested in Jian Xun?

The current prince, Ning Yuan, had never married a wife even in his old age, and he didn't even have a woman around him. Could it be that the prince had a habit of cutting off his sleeves?

Marquis Jingxuan's thoughts were spinning all over his mind. He bowed respectfully and said, "Your Highness, Xun'er is now your personal guard. All honor and disgrace are in your hands." He did not delve into the metaphor hidden in the prince's words. 

He only hoped that he could just brush this off.

But Ning Xiuyun obviously didn't want to be kind anymore. He curled his lips and said, "Really? If Jian Xun truly treated the orphan, he would not have bloodbathed Xuanqing Temple, the royal 'blessed place' with the imperial plaque." 

Ning Xiuyun's voice has no emotion or anger to be heard, and he began to settle old scores.

Marquis Jingxuan knew that the royal family members all cared about appearance, and this was especially true for future kings of a country like the prince. Even a man as glorious as the former prince Ning Hongchao was not immune to this custom.

What Jian Xun did in Xuanqing Temple was to throw the royal family's face to the ground and then make it up a few times. Jian Xun knew that there was a shadow of the royal family, but he did not show mercy at all.

Regardless of whether evidence beneficial to the prince was found in the end, whether Jian Xun's matter should be pursued or not was all in the prince's mind.

But Marquis Jingxuan also knew that the person in front of him was not a follower of the rules, otherwise he would not have talked to him so many disrespectful remarks about Emperor Jiaxing.

Marquis Jingxuan realized in an instant that the prince wanted to know the reason why Jian Xun had become the prince's personal guard even though he had sharpened his head.

Jian Xun clearly had no respect for the royal family, but he was sent to the prince's side by Jingxuan Hou and Fu Rushen. Did he really want to be loyal to the prince, or did he have another purpose, to drop a nail on the side of the future prince?

A chill ran down Marquis Jingxuan's spine. He had said too much that he shouldn't have said, and it was hard to stop at this moment. If he didn't give the prince a satisfactory answer to dispel his suspicions, both Jian Xun and him might not be safe.

Fortunately, Jian Xun did go there with a purpose, and this purpose was pure and innocent, and did not involve any of his plans.

Marquis Jingxuan figured it out. His expression relaxed and he said, "Your Highness, Xun'er really wanted to join His Highness because he wanted something." 

"Oh? What did Jian Qing want? Why didn't you tell Gu earlier?" Ning Xiu Yun narrowed his eyes, he just wanted to hear this.

Jian Xun had been with him for so long, sharing the same table, room, and bed. Even so, the man still kept it a secret and had not spoken to him yet.

Ning Xiuyun couldn't wait any longer. Since he had the opportunity to investigate, of course he wanted to find out the truth.

Marquis Jingxuan considered his words. He felt that the prince's attitude towards Jian Xun was very strange. With the prince's ability, taming Jian Xun and becoming a sword beside him was just a matter of skill, so why bother to ask him?