Chapter 86

After the night tour of Southern Xinjiang City, Ning Xiuyun and Jian Xun both had their own little quarrels. One was preparing a betrothal gift and the other was preparing a wedding ring. Although they did not hide it deliberately, they both pretended not to know each other.

Everyone in the guard camp loved it and competed for positions to help run errands, which added to the relationship between the two.

Ning Xiuyun followed the doctor's advice, had three meals on time, and learned archery with Jian Xun as daily exercise.

Jian Xun was of course very interested in improving His Highness the Crown Prince's ability to protect himself, and he was eager to give Ning Xiuyun some tips on his actions.

However, he soon discovered that His Highness the Crown Prince's archery skills were not bad at all, but his body was weaker than Jian Xunlei's and limited his performance.

Perhaps it was because he exercised more every day. On this morning, Ning Xiuyun rarely stayed in bed. Jian Xun woke up for an hour, but he was still sleeping deeply.

He was planning to stay in bed with Yi, but Shen Qi quietly walked outside the door and lowered his voice and said to him: "General Jian? Your Highness Ning Xuan is here." 

When Ning Xuan came to visit, it was not polite to let people from the guard camp receive him, but Jian Xun didn't want Ning Xiuyun to sacrifice precious sleep time, so he could only sneak out of the room quietly, and after washing, he took Ning Xiuyun's place to entertain Ning Xuan.

It's a pity that General Jian doesn't know how to get along with children.

The two looked at each other in silence for a moment in the yard and had a somewhat stiff conversation.

Jian Xun didn't know what expression to make and looked at him coldly: "What's the matter?"

Ning Xuan said politely: "I'm playing chess with my uncle."

Jian Xun frowned: "Your Highness is still sleeping, I will play with you."

Ning Xuan hesitated. After a moment, "Okay."

After Ning Xiuyun got up in the morning and washed up, what he saw was Jian Xun and Ning Xuan staring at each other across the chessboard.

Ning Xuan's face was sullen, but after seeing Ning Xiuyun's appearance, a smile finally appeared on his face.

He waved to Ning Xiuyun, "Uncle!"

"When did you come? Why did you play chess with Jian Xun?" Ning Xiuyun asked.

"Uncle Jian said he would stay with me." Ning Xuan's expression suddenly became a little hard to explain. The child was not good at concealing his emotions, so Ning Xiuyun saw a little trace of disgust in his eyes.

Jian Xun's chess skills are very average, and he may not be able to compete with someone as talented as Ning Xuan.

Ning Xiuyun was overjoyed. He walked to the chessboard and watched, and found that Jian Xun, the bad chess player, was indeed no match for Ning Xuan.

Ning Xuan had the absolute advantage, and Ning Xiuyun concluded that after three more pieces, Jian Xun would lose the game.

Sure enough, after three sons, Jian Xun lost.

He put down the Yunzi in his hand and said calmly: "Very good."

Jian Xun's chess skills were excellent, and there was no embarrassment or annoyance at all about losing to a child.

Ning Xuan looked a little discouraged. Although he had won against an adult, he didn't know why he didn't feel any sense of accomplishment at all.

Ning Xiuyun touched his head and asked: "Have you had the morning meal?"