Chapter 62

"I didn't see the prince that day." Jian Xun blurted out a retort.

He was so confused that he subconsciously felt that he could not tell his uncle about meeting Xiu Yun.

Xiu Yun was sent to Xuan Qing Temple that day because he was sent to Xuan Qing Temple by the boss behind Zui Feng Tower. Jian Xun died a long time ago.

With Xiu Yun's intelligence, wouldn't he know that Xuan Qing Temple is a dangerous place? None of the Qinggui who were sent away in the past came back alive. How could Xiu Yun not guess the clues?

Jian Xun frowned, and inadvertently thought of Xiu Yun asking him during the night tour in Jiangcheng if he could give himself a break.

Xiuyun seems to have long been determined to die.

As soon as this thought came out, Jian Xun felt as if his heart was tightly grasped by a big hand, and it felt extremely sour.

Thinking of this, Jian Xun no longer had the mind to think about whether he had met the prince before, or he subconsciously told himself not to think too deeply, as if he looked too deeply, something beyond his psychological expectations would happen.

He knew that if Xiuyun hadn't taken the initiative to tell him about his past, any prying on his own initiative would be disrespectful to the other party.

No matter what the facts were, he could not cross the line hastily.

Jian Xun pursed his lips, not wanting to talk about this topic again.

Marquis Jingxuan's heart skipped a beat when he saw his expression.

He may know himself better than Jian Xun. It's obvious that he has thought of something, but he doesn't want to tell him.

Marquis Jingxuan felt sad in his heart. He still couldn't understand why his good nephew fell into trouble twice in the past month.

Now he probably can only barely rank third in Jian Xun's place. There is his beloved in front of him, and the prince who has a deep relationship with him is second. The third place must be due to his kindness in raising Jian Xun.

Marquis Jingxuan felt sad for a while.

Jian Xun has been very stubborn since he was a child. When he was young, he said that he wanted to give up literature and join the martial arts. He was stunned to have a cold war with him and fainted in the corridor for three days on a hunger strike. Marquis Jingxuan finally compromised.

Marquis Jingxuan asked him the reason several times, but Jian Xun refused to tell him, so he had a cold war with him for many years.

Marquis Jingxuan had always been unable to do anything about Jian Xun. His nostalgia for his old friend had turned into helplessness, so he could only advise: "Xun'er, no matter how much fate you have with the prince, both of you will not last long." 

Jian Xun's face was stunned, and he opened his mouth but couldn't say a word.

Finally, after a moment of silence, he murmured: "I understand."

Marquis Jingxuan was still worried. He didn't expect that he, half of his feet in the ground, would encounter such a difficult thing. I have never felt so tired.

After much thought, he realized that even though he knew that the Crown Prince was indeed a talented person, he still should advise Jian Xun: "His Royal Highness the Prince's errands should be done well, and you can leave once you can handle your lover's affairs. If you really want someone, It's not too late to go to Southern Xinjiang as an official."

Jian Xun's eyes flickered, why did he feel awkward hearing his uncle's words? He just responded without hesitation, then said that he was busy completing the mission of His Highness the Crown Prince, and turned around gone.